Make a player stick to a client handled moving object

I want to be able to move my character with a client handled moving part, though I am unable to find a solution that works for me. All solutions I have found seem to only work if the part is handled and owned by the server, though that is not an option in my case.
What I have tried so far is welding a part to the part that moves (it worked when I tried handling it with the server, but not the client), as well as an align position/orientation method, which did the same.

I am not sure how important it would be in this case, but I will say that I am lerping my parts.

Here is a video of me not sticking to my moving part :slightly_frowning_face:
I would like to additionally mention that this is my first post, so uh idk criticize me
I should specify that I only want the player to stick to it while your standing on it, like if your riding a basic physics object. An example could be like riding the boat in Build a Boat for Treasure.

1 Like

you could uhh maybe add a VehicleSeat (idk lol)

Or you could have a script that constantly (or almost constantly) aligns the player (and add like stuff to the y value, tweak it to your liking)

1 Like

give the player the same velocity that the object has (idkk)

Not sure it’d work as the mass is different.
I think you would indeed need to apply a force on the player in the same direction as the block but also multiply it by something like * player's mass or something similar

Read those topics:

I’m thinking that maybe I could detect what part the player is primarily standing on (if any), and then move them the same amount as that part? I would need to figure out a way to go about detecting the one (or zero) parts the player is standing on though…

I am going to use the script in this post to see if it works

It will get multiple parts but I can deal with that

Thank you guys for your time, you may not have provided me the answer I was looking for, but you did allow me to think bigger than I would have otherwise. I have solved my issue

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.