Make Handcuffs with Proximity Prompts

So I am trying to make a police roleplay game… I understand scripting, however I want to make a handcuffs/detain system using proximity prompts.

I want it so you can “grab” someone then you have 2 options, to handcuff or release them. When you handcuff them, you can release, uncuff them and search their tools.

I do not have an idea how to do this, I want the prompts to be team-locked and so only a few teams can be handcuffed. Does anyone have an idea?

1 Like

Proximity prompts let you see who activated them, so just check the member of the team who activated it.

2 Likes

Hey @kjladishere!

Look at the wiki page for it here.

Hopefully, this can help you!

1 Like

Hi. Yes, I know how proximity prompts work, however I have tried this and it doesn’t seem to work as expected.

I have a local script that checks the players team. If the player is on a police team, the proximity prompts are enabled locally, so civilians cannot access it. Police can handcuff civilians, however it won’t show the other prompts. In the server script that sees when a prompt is triggered, it sends a client event to disable/enabled prompts that can be used. But the client script fails to disable the old prompts and enable the new ones.

Hi. I told the other people who replied but I’ll reply to you too. Yes, I know how proximity prompts work, however I have tried this and it doesn’t seem to work as expected.

I have a local script that checks the players team. If the player is on a police team, the proximity prompts are enabled locally, so civilians cannot access it. Police can handcuff civilians, however it won’t show the other prompts. In the server script that sees when a prompt is triggered, it sends a client event to disable/enabled prompts that can be used. But the client script fails to disable the old prompts and enable the new ones.