Making a combat game with ranged weapons? FastCast may be the module for you!

Glad you asked, haha :grinning:
I’m working on a framework which I believe will fit your desire. Hope you like it Awesome_Playz123 fps test v1 - Roblox

1 Like

It looks really awesome :slight_smile:

I was also messing around with it lol
And did this

1 Like

You scared me, lol. I thought you took my game? What a relief :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No no I meant like messing around with the module lol

Btw will you be going to make your framework opensource?

1 Like

Probably not. I’m going to try and make a game out of it. My discord username is lucid#9360 just in case you need help with anything and also I made an open source fastcast test Untitled FastCast Voting Game Simulator 2020 - Roblox for you to study off :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Good Luck

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

fastCast now comes with sky drawing tools

11 Likes

Does anyone have any insight on how to make a high firing arc while the player is aiming their cursor forward at a target? Think like a howitzer or other artillery piece.

2 Likes

Does this work with non tool based guns

1 Like

yes. This works with anything that fires a projectile and needs physics. Just define a point of origin and a target and you’re off to the races.

2 Likes

Can you or someone else explain how to do this? Sorry, I’m not really a good scripter so I’m not really understanding how to define it because I see a lot of things with origin and target.

1 Like

Bullets go straight through the torso, they just ignore it or something.

4 Likes

Is it possible to make a homing missile using this module which follows a certain target?

Why do the bullets sometimes travel through the target instead of registering a hit?

4 Likes

Are you, by chance, doing the one thing you aren’t supposed to be doing and calling FastCast.new() every time you shoot a bullet, and/or connecting LengthChanged/RayHit every time you shoot a bullet? This will cause problems.

No, not yet. I mentioned this in Reply #182. I’ll add it soon.

To be honest I can’t say I’m sure. I’ve noticed this with physics bullets. It’s probably some silly mistake on my end. I’ll have a look again.

1 Like

@EtiTheSpirit Nope, none of those. Maybe because each gun has it’s individual script that requires Cast Module? I am using the same “Shoot” and “RayHit” functions like in your tutorial. Maybe I am firing too many bullets?

What’s a realistic gravity for a gun? I was wondering because I dont want it to be too much or too little.

1 Like

Did this work? And if so, can I see a code snippet? I’m working through this same issue right now and am not quite sure what’s going on with it.

Doe the module’s account of gravity align with roblox? If so you may be able to steal use Roblox’s default gravity. Otherwise this may have to be done using good old fashioned trial and error.

2 Likes