Making a GUI perfect on any screen

If you want it to fit every single screen, you shouldn’t use the second part of the UDim2. The first UDim2 is better because it will actually fit any screen when you move it to the left, right, center, whatever. Make sure you check if your size or position is at the second UDim2.

I think you’ve got this backwards, people with fatter fingers have a lot more trouble with small UI than people with mice. Either way, you still want to use scale to some extent even if you have separate UI for mobile/computer since not all phones or computers have the same sized screen and you’d still approach the general design the same way.

1 Like

Imagine i asked you to hit the top right, bottom left, bottom center, top left in some short timespan and the buttons werent in the precise corners. A finger could do this, a mouse could not. The assumption is a good ui for each system. If you are designing too small of buttons no device can do it.

I’m not trying to argue or get too off-topic, but I find a mouse much easier to make quick and (more) precise movements with. If you have multiple buttons close together, it’s incredibly easy to overreach or accidentally tap with a finger. On the other hand, with a mouse you can easily click exactly what you want, as well as get your mouse across the screen quickly. Then again, I don’t use mobile much and may just have little experience with it.

1 Like

Wait, what? The UI editor uses Scale for me.

The UI editor uses the type it already has (but defaults to scale)
if you manually add offset values it’ll use offset and vise versa for scale

1 Like

Oh, I see. I only use the UI editor when I’m throwing stuff together to test.

Just saying I got it sorted.