Making Only a players head move and nothing else

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I want to make it so that the only part that moves on a player is the head (so that other player’s can see your head move). the rest needs to stay completely still.
  2. What is the issue?
    I can’t seem to figure out a way to do this
  3. What solutions have you tried so far?
    Searched youtube and devforum. I also tried anchoring everything but the player’s head but that didn’t work.

In the video when I turn around my arms, legs, etc, all follow and go through the chair. But I just want them to be stuck to the table.

Have you tried anchoring the player body(.Anchored anchor, physics anchor, properties anchor) and only allow head movement?

here is a short example of what I did

game.Players.PlayerAdded:connect(function(player)

repeat wait() until player.Character

player.Character.UpperTorso.Anchored = true

player.Character.RightHand.Anchored = true

end)

I did this process for every body part except for the head

is cancollide on for the chair or the arms and legs?

yup, it’s on for the chair and the arms and legs. I haven’t made any disable player collision scripts because the players will just be sitting down.

Try fixing the orientation for the body to a certain Vector3

just replied to another issue like this, see here

This wont work for a few reasons, firstly you have to run the code every time their character loads, secondly this only applies to the upper torso and right hand. Instead you have to create a loop which applies the changes to all the character body parts except the head:

--Script in StarterCharacterScripts
--scripts here run inside the character when it loads
local Character = script.Parent 

for _, part in pairs(Character:GetChildren()) do 
	if part:IsA("BasePart") and part.Name ~= "Head" then 
		part.Anchored = true
	end
end

I think I may have described the problem wrong. I’ll try and rephrase this. I need to somehow get all the body parts except for the head to stay in front of the player. If you watch the video again try to imagine the arms staying on the table, and the legs staying under the table, and I’m able to move freely without the arms or legs moving. Hopefully that makes a bit more sense.

basically i want the arms, legs torso, etc, to stay locked in a certain position

Thanks, I’ll let you know if this works

1 Like