Malicious code is able to show UI over the purchase prompt, and trick users into purchasing items

I’m able to replicate this on my own and surprisingly, this does not take effort to do.

1 Like

Mad scary, good thing I’m broke :joy:

12 Likes

yeah this is like 5 lines and dangerous whew

this scam has been happening to people who have used backdoored plugins

Has this been patched? Currently going to only play games on my alts until I get an official roblox account to verify its been fixed

Nothing has been announced so my guess is No.

nah it still works as of now sadly

1 Like

I just got scammed with this while livestreaming on Twitch and lost 20k Robux. Be careful if you are clicking on buttons in someone’s game that you have never met before. Here is a clip of the situation so you can see for yourself how the scam looks live:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/984350545

8 Likes

Thanks, as I was a little concerned, considering that rumors can go out of control if they don’t get debunked.

Other workaround: keep all your robux in something like a personal “bank” group, just directly deposit robux from your account into the group, and group payout yourself when you want to spend. As for profits from stuff, make those go directly to a group. This way, you have to take out your robux to spend them.

2 Likes

How would you deposit robux like that? Wouldn’t the marketplace fee take like 30%?

1 Like

There is a very simple workaround I found.
Just press all the buttons that normally bring up coregui frames (tab for playerlist, / for chat and ` for inventory) and if none of them work then chances are something is up so just leave the game. Obviously if one or two don’t work then it’s probably because the developer disabled those elements so only get suspicious if NONE of them work. Also right when you load in, open chat. If the box appears then mysteriously disappears then coregui has probably been hidden by the exploit so just leave.

Also watch out for weirdly off centred buttons, odds are it is just someone who used offset instead of scale but you can never be too safe.

If your account really has a lot of robux then DO NOT use it outside of a few games you trust and front page games until this addressed. Just devex it as fast as possible and try keep your money inside a group as long as possible.

1 Like

Ill check with the devs of our game that got infected for a day.

I thought I heard they added direct depositing to a group by owners?

2 Likes

Try and see if your mouse becomes black and if it does, try pressing escape. After pressing esc if your mouse is white then that means there’s something fishy going on

3 Likes

I can replicate this too. Hope that roblox will patch this soon.
https://gyazo.com/3c47cdca42e8d0dd0cd2ef1b7f4756db

If anyone has a link to one of these active scam games, feel free to send it my way via pm. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi developers, this should no longer occur.
If you are able to experience this still, please let us know by following the steps below:

65 Likes

This issue should be resolved! Please submit a new bug report for us to look into if this happens again :slight_smile:

Hi everyone! We have refunded players impacted by this issue.

If you or your players were affected by this and have NOT received a refund yet, please submit a support ticket. Furthermore, feel free to DM me a link to any game that had this issue so I can investigate further.

62 Likes