Many games having issues with the placement of items

I am currently concerned with the number of games having issues with their placement systems. Survival 303, Eclipsis, to name a few. All of them have the same bug, the object being placed returns to the original position it is being sourced from. For example, in Survival 303, if you are to mine an ore and take it home, placing it on the ground will cause it to teleport back to the place where you mined it from. Many assume it’s a weld issue, and no update to the games themselves has caused this. Anyone know what update caused this, and the fix to it?

It may be due to the welds that they use for placing, I’m not sure if this is the case but I think it is, as there may be a new function or something similar effecting the grid.

There are no grids for placing in either.

It’s always worked until roughly a few weeks ago. This is also happening to Survival Apocalypse and Survival Beginnings, and the developers of both can confirm no update they made could’ve caused it.

@rnizam Please do not spread speculation / misinformation.

@Lolaphobia Please do not make random guesses at problems.

There have been a few recent changes that may have affected this (ie. new weld behavior [1] [2]), but without knowing how these systems work or having code, it is not very useful to make random guesses. You should ask the developers to update their games.

This is probably because we changed Welds to no longer self-destruct when one of their parts was removed from Workspace. The weld will now remain and continue to reference both parts.

If the weld was not explicitly removed it will just reactivate if the part if it is added back to Workspace.

4 Likes