Map Render [Mesh Render!]

Hello everyone.

Map Render is a plugin capable of rendering your Terrain, pieces and MeshParts.

Properties:

-SIZE and POSITION: You can use these properties to change the dimensions in the world for your Render.
Position

-IGNORE WATER and IGNOREMODELS: These properties will make you choose whether or not to ignore their Alleged Instance.
WaterAndModels

-Level Of Detail: It will take care of the level of detail (increase or reduction of RayCasts) at the time of starting to generate the Render. (I recommend only increasing it if your map is very small or you want to avoid errors in the pixels of the Rendered image).
Detalle

-PixelDetail: Increase the quality of the image, but keep in mind that this means more data in the table and a greater probability of Crashear Roblox Studio when viewing the properties of your Instance that stores the Values ​​of your Render.
Calidad

Don’t forget that here you generate a name for your Render:
NombreRender

Here you save your image in ReplicatedStorage:
Exportar

This button should make all the instances (Image Label and ImageButton) add the Label and the Attribute, but I still don’t understand why clicking it will deselect your instances, so for now it is obsolete.
Mejoras

How ​​to use:

1. In the upper right part there is a blue button, once you have clicked on it, if you have script injection permissions, a local script will be added in StarterPlayer and a folder in ReplicatedStorage which will contain Instances with the Name that you have chosen for your Render and an Attribute with the string of your Map Image.

replicatedstorage

2. You must add a Label (ImageEditor) and an Attribute (ID) to the instance (ImageLabel or ImageButton) that will display your Render. In the attribute (ID) you must assign the name that you have chosen for your Render.

Propiedades

3. When you have Generated your Image you only have to add the name of the Render in the “ID” Attribute.

1. Let’s try:

Problems:

-If you generate incompatibility between the size of the Render in the world (Size) and the quality of the image (PixelDetail) your Render will be Unsatisfactory.

-Since the string that stores the image in an attribute is very large, by clicking on the instances and viewing their properties, you could crash Roblox Studio (at least in my case, although I don’t have a very powerful PC).

-It will not be possible to publish to your inventory yet, since this uses the EditableImage instance and is still in BETA.

Have fun and tell me what I can improve and add to this plugin. Thank you.

Sorry for my English!

-This is Reuploaded, since due to my error and that of the forum, I deleted the previous post.

5 Likes

Now able to render MeshParts containing TextureID and SurfaceAppearance

Render:

MeshParts:

-Problems: You need to increase Level Of Detail to improve the rendering of the Meshes.

5 Likes