Matching Game GUI and If Statement Troubles

Hi. This is my first post so bear with me. I’m making a matching minigame in my game, that is activated with proximity prompt. I wanted this to be fully GUI-Based, but I am not sure how to do this. It would be like among us wires, with randomized placements, but I can manage this. I am more concerned about how to actually make this “dragger.” I looked at other posts and someone said to use beams for 3-d based system, but that doesn’t work for fully-GUI things, at least I think they don’t. If you could tell me what instance I could use, that would be helpful.

In addition, another aspect of the game includes a point in which the player needs to click on one GUI button, and then within a certain amount of time click another one. I was testing it without the “within a certain amount of time,” so I used an if statement. However, it did the if statement without me clicking anything. I’m not sure why this is happening. Any help for both of these issues is appreciated. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

A game called “Amongst Us” has a wires task that does it well. It randomizes it, and has a GUI that pops up when you click, then follows your mouse until you reach the other point, in which it connects. I’m not sure how they do this.

So essentially what you’re trying to do is create a line between two given points? I did a little digging around and perhaps this could help?

This is sort of what I was picturing. Would I have to do a “while true do” loop or something like that to make it so that every 0.05 seconds, the frame’s (x2,y2) update to follow the mouse position. Then, I can get Mouse Position, and when the mouse touches the right object it snaps to the center? Thank you, @7z99! This resource is very helpful.

You could either use player:GetMouse() and use the .Move event or you could use BindToRenderStep