MaterialR - UI Framework

UI is extremely clean! Definitely will use.

Collaborating with @spooky_month to redo this and add more UI components. Feel free to comment with suggestions anyone may have.

Updated to V1.3!

What we changed:

• Converted module to package for easy updates
  • Fixed a bug with certain TextBox properties
  • Added a Switch object

https://gyazo.com/f5c293d902d4e9216a913bf1a7a9034f.gif

3 Likes

While it’s nice to get notified of new updates, they should rather go into the op in a spoiler with subspoilers, example below.
The framework looks nice, but are there any plans for the future to make this a roact component for those who use roact primarily (it’s a pain to implement those frameworks into roact sometimes)?

(Now the update example)

Updates
Version 1.3

Changelog

3 Likes

Will update the thread tomorrow night. Also, I am planning to collaborate with other developers to help add roach compatibility and plan to start this Thursday or maybe even earlier.

YES OMG DARK MODE MY EYES ARE SAVED THX YOU

This is a module i’d use; The UI especially looks modern, and looks fitting in one of my games.

1 Like

This open-sourced right? Correct me if I’m wrong.

Yes, you can use the link provided to take a copy of the module

Awesome UI framework and great explanations! Glad to see people contributing to the idea of open-sourcing. Developers who have difficulty using other options like Roact can probably use this for their projects.

1 Like

This UI Module Is what start UI Designers need! Great work!

:+1:

1 Like

Quick Suggestion for it.
I changed the mouse click to:

local connection

local Disabled, dColor = UDim2.new(0, 3, 0.5, 0), Color3.fromRGB(129, 129, 129)
local Enabled, eColor = UDim2.new(0.64, -3, 0.5, 0), Color3.fromRGB(143, 63, 193)

local function toggle(ui)
	if ui:WaitForChild("Switch").ImageColor3 == dColor then
		ui:WaitForChild("Switch"):WaitForChild("Circle"):TweenPosition(Enabled, "Out", "Quint", .3, true)
		ui:WaitForChild("Switch").ImageColor3 = eColor
		return true
	else
		ui:WaitForChild("Switch").ImageColor3 = dColor
		ui:WaitForChild("Switch"):WaitForChild("Circle"):TweenPosition(Disabled, "In", "Quint", .3, true)
		return false
	end
end

return function(ui, bindable)
	if connection then connection:Disconnect() end

connection = ui:WaitForChild("Switch"):WaitForChild("Circle").MouseButton1Click:Connect(function()
		bindable:Fire(toggle(ui))
	end)
	connection = ui:WaitForChild("Switch").MouseButton1Click:Connect(function()
		bindable:Fire(toggle(ui))
	end)
end

Basically, what it does it when you toggle the switch; it also returns the status of the swicth; so that you can do this:

switch.MouseButton1Click:Connect(function(toggle)
	if toggle == true then
		print("Switch Enabled")
	end
	if toggle == false then
		print("Switch Disabled")
	end
end)
2 Likes

I usually program so I am bad at UI so this helps a lot I don’t know if I will use it yet though because I don’t like writing code to see the UI after playing if there was a plugin that uses it I would use it

This is already implemented in 2.0

Perfect.
Thanks.
Do you have an ETA with 2.0?

Suggestion:
Add Dropdown Boxes to MaterialR.

1 Like

Hey guys, sorry about the lack of updates. Here is some additional updates on the MaterialR rewrite:

MaterialR is still supported. The rewrite will most likely be finished in 2 weeks. If you have any additional feedback for features you’d like to see in the new version, leave a reply here.

3 Likes

Will the support for Roact be included with the rewrite?

2 Likes

I’ll consider this after I finish the core of the rewrite

1 Like

When I press the link given, I guess nothing comes out, the link is broken

Fixed the link, (Ver 1.0) MaterialPlus | Create professional looking interface for your games