Memory going extremely high and not going down

Hello. recently, i’m experiencing memory issues. and it made every mechanic in game delayed.
so, when i join the game. memory instantly goes up for both server and client. especially server, ‘UntrackedMemory’ reaches 1400, and it never goes down. it keeps going high.

it’s not only happening to me, everyone in server experienced this issue.

and i know why is it happening, because there was no memory issues 1 day ago. but it suddenly happened. i didn’t wrote any loops(including getdescendants).

i even searched devforum to lower memory, most was not my situation and i wasn’t able to understand it.

there was no such thing to suspect. what does cause untrackedmemory? and why is it not being cleaned?

1 Like

What exactly is your “situation?” Do you have any scripts you think may be causing the issue? (If so can you please share them in the replies)
If you added any free-models, make sure they don’t have any malicious scripts in them.

1 Like

the memory is going up instantly when server is started(even if i don’t do anything). i didn’t used any free models today, or 1 day ago either. there’s nothing i can suspect. Searched for backdoors like getfenv or require(), there was none.

1 Like

Go to the scripts tab and see which scripts are using up the most resources.

1 Like

How many unanchored parts are there? Having too many might also be causing the issue as well.

I found two forum posts that may also help you diagnose the issue:

i tried, all it do was searching around ‘localscripts’ not actual server

there was 414 memory on PhysicsPart one(not untrackedmemory one). but i don’t know if it’s unnecessary or not because there’s unanchored door systems.

i can’t suspect any scripts that will hang around memory.

Can you send screenshots of the scripts tab?

you meant script performance one?

Yes this one

Thanks, would a screenshot of the full memory tab also be possible? Make sure the list is sorted by the highest to lowest amount of memory used by clicking on the words “Value MB” right below the search bar.

physicspart was because weapon models on workspace, and i removed it

not really, i removed unanchored things except doors, it is the same. might gonna remove unused doors