Merge duplicate threads instead of locking them

For threads like this, they should be merged instead of duplicating them! This lets the original issue be bumped as needed!

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/verification-might-be-broken/666154/10

10 Likes

I am assuming the reason it wasn’t merged was because the OP didn’t contain any new information for engineers to work with. But in my experience about a year ago when I was still a member I would use post approval and sometimes a post already existed so they merged it with an exisitng one.

I think there should be some consistency with this.

The added information, in my own opinion, is just the fact that it’s a relevant issue.

Also, I do feel like feedback form Shedletsky carries more weight.

Yeah I gave it a look before replying, but the actual OP itself just contains a link to twitter and 2 sentences. I do believe at the very least the replies should have been merged though because the locked post will no longer get any attention

1 Like

Imagine if every “how do I script” thread got merged into the same one lol

1 Like

To clarify, this is just for feedback threads, which we want Roblox engineers to see.

2 Likes

This is honestly an outrage. The posts they marked as duplicated are SEPARATE issues that are multiple years old. Current Fun Captcha changes that include this time limit is what is causing this. Imagine all the kids and normal users who are unable to use the site because of this, and no engineers or people of the sort will be notified because the thread was locked.

I agree. Locking topics doesn’t do anything. Just merge them into an already-existing topic.

I have only seen a topic by me getting merged only twice. The weird is that one of those topics (a bug report) was merged into another thread, where the result was the same, but reproduced in a different way, actually.

Merging may add more information to a discussion, or it could just explain a problem in a better way.

1 Like