Mesh Has Weird Circular Shadows

Hello everyone! Today I tried to copy a mesh from my old game to my new game. When I imported the mesh into my new game, the mesh had weird circular shadows, as seen in the pictures. I made new meshes with blender and they had the same circular shadows. I’m thinking it might be happening because of the new place. I use ShadowMap by the way.

Mesh in my old game:

Mesh in my new game:

I’ve searched everywhere to fix this problem, but none of them worked. Any help is appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hello! I have seen a bug report with a similar-looking issue, try changing the CollisionFidelity property to Box.

Thank you for your response. Changing the CollisionFidelity property to Box solves this, but this time hitbox becomes imprecise and the character floats on top of it. And I have to use PreciseConvexDecomposition. Are there any other workarounds?

Hmm, I am not really sure. I have personally never encountered this before, and the only advice I can give you is to fiddle around with Lighting properties.

1. First, if you have an Atmosphere object under Lighting, disable it. Does it effect the problem?
  2. Try changing the Ambient, OutdoorAmbient, ColorShift_Top, ColorShift_Bottom, EnvironmentSpecularScale and EnvironmentDiffuseScale properties.
  1. I don’t have an Atmosphere object and even after adding it doesn’t change the result.
  2. EnvironmentDiffuseScale changes the result, although after changing it to 0 the game looks dull and dead.

Oh, I actually found an alternative to EnvironmentDiffuseScale just a few weeks ago! You just need to set OutdoorAmbient to a blue-ish color, such as 126, 153, 189:

EnvironmentDiffuseScale = 1, OutdoorAmbient = 0, 0, 0

EnvironmentDiffuseScale = 0, OutdoorAmbient = 126, 153, 189

As for the problem with collisions, you could duplicate it, make the duplicate’s CollisionFidelity be Default or PreciseConvexDecomposition, and then make the duplicate invisible. A bit of a hack, but AFAIK it’s the only currently available workaround for collisions.

1 Like

Thank you so much! These worked flawlessly! :slightly_smiling_face:

I think you should put this picture:

In a reply to the Bug Report I linked, that should help show that this is happening to multiple people and should hopefully get Roblox to fix it faster :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.