Mesh Transparency Behaviour

I am trying to fix this overlay behavior so that the leaves are not visible behind the grass but cannot crack the solution, that is, if there is one yet…
I have tried changing transparencies, material types, but nothing.
Any ideas?

4 Likes

I haven’t dabbled with it myself, but i heard someone fixed his tree leaf meshes by altering the weight values. Could this help?

1 Like

Interesting. In my case it probably will not help though.

you might have to the change the way youre doing it. Instead of using dead leaves meshes use the roblox terrain leaves material.

I don’t know… I was hoping to add a 3D forest floor layer for more effect, I could go that route too.

Just looked at the roblox leafy ground material and its not very leafy. What you could do is make the mesh have no transparency and just have a seamless leaves texture on it.

Having no transparency will show the black unused portion of where the decal isn’t, on the whole mesh. Just tried it and that won’t work either?

yeah so youre going to have to use a texture like this

If youre going for detail though and not worrying about lag then youre going to have to have physical leaves

Technically possible but pain to implement solution is to bake the leafs and grass into the same mesh and use texture atlasing. Wouldn’t recommend but it’d work.

It could be more useful if you could give us some more information on how you made those leafs, i have my way to do them too.

I was just messing around with freemodels to experiment with this phenomena.

I’m not really sure your request is a thing. I don’t really use Mesh’s much.

I do have a few questions that might help me learn a little more about your issue:

• Are you trying to make the leaves go on the ground, without grass showing through the leaves?
  • Are you trying to make the leaves a different transparent to make it more realistic?

The leaves are acting as a 3D base ground layer. The grass was interfering with the grass as you can see, and wanted to fix that, but there was no easy way going about it.