Messaging Service Issue

So I see the service is live on the release notes and there is an api on it now

My Code

if not RunService:IsStudio() then

Player.Chatted:Connect(function(PlayerMessage)
		Messaging_Service:PublishAsync("Message", PlayerMessage)
	end)

local function OnRecievedMessage(PlayerMessage)
		print(PlayerMessage)
	end

Messaging_Service:SubscribeAsync("Message", OnRecievedMessage)

end

Is my code incorrect or is the Service just not out

1 Like

You are misunderstanding the post. That’s not MessagingService.

As for your question OP, I will try this out in Studio, doesn’t seem like anything’s wrong. It’s possible that this isn’t fully released yet.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that this feature isn’t complete yet even though it does say live in the release notes… The FFlag for the feature was enabled at some point so I believe it shows as live for that reason rather than the feature being released.

2 Likes

There has been no formal announcement of it being enabled for production. The release notes may have just been the API being shipped, but not enabled.

2 Likes

It isn’t you - I just tried this myself and am receiving the same error. The feature hasn’t been released yet.

1 Like

Likely as I believe it only turned live today because earlier I checked and the api was not out yet it’s out now though but it’s recent

or maybe the api was out and I couldn’t find it

3 Likes

It isn’t enabled on the back-end yet, only the front-end.

The release notes list it as live because its status is based on an FFlag that controls the enabled state of the front-end, and not the back-end. Apologies for the confusion. This is the consequence of automating release notes :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like