MessagingService Limitations

My game uses MessagingService heavily to transfer lobby information to other servers but I am having problems with exceeding the limitations

It states on the MessagingService wiki that you are allowed:

I appear to be breaching this limit as seen here:

According to the limitations I am allowed (150 + 60) * (Players in game server) per minute

But I am only PublishingAsync approx 10-30 times per minute in each server, which leads me to believe that these limitations apply to the entire universe? I’m not quite sure why we are breaching these limits but if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate a reply!

1 Like

Bumping this because no one has responded yet and I need help

I’m bumping this as well, this is definitely a problem for me.

I’ve since moved on from MessagingService as it’s virtually useless due to it’s limitations, I found these posts of similar problem:

Completely useless service

1 Like

Hmm. Interesting. I just implemented it for my ban system but since it seems to be that bad, I’ll just use a loop with datastore instead.

Haha, it’s not completely useless, but some of the use cases that might come to mind indeed would not scale appropriately, in case your game becomes big… That would apply even if there wasn’t an explicit quota (purposely preventing anyone from making this mistake).