Method/Plugin For Buildings

Hey there!

Actually it is really complicated to come up with making buildings with interiors for any kind of game, and it starts to become a bad thing once you know you want some variation (Lets say you want to make an small town with buildings that have interiors) so you want each one of them Unique enough, so that basically means making each house or building from zero, Windows, walls, roof, height, Window height, some detail and ladders, it takes way too much time to make a single house.

So i have this idea, and i wish for some of the really talented scripters in the community to take it as an opportunity to improve the Building Community.

It would be a Plugin that would work like CSG.

Basically you put a red brick where you want to cut but instead of generating a single CSG mesh (Which usually comes with collision issues and it is less editable) it would generate 3 bricks

This way everyone could cut windows and doors with much ease, so you would basically just need to make 4 walls and then cut the windows etc, instead of doing the process brick by brick.

What do you all think?

1 Like

This sounds exactly like what you’re looking for:

3 Likes

Oh wow! thanks, i might actually give this a quick look, seems really useful.

It is actually fine to do that cut if the doorway itself is not too overly complex. As long as the doorway is separate from the rest of the building it should not have many collision problems.