Mid-Air enhanced character control and velocity maintaining such as in Combat Initiation

I’m making a movement based shooter, like Combat Initiation + Ultrakill/DooM + Craftwars type game. There will be a lot of flinging, and when my character gets flung by something. I want air control such as in DooM or Ultrakill. I’ve looked on the devforums and tried to figure it out myself, but both of those weren’t anyway help, and I’m not so great at math.

I’ve tried anything, but it just wont work. This is my last resort.

wdym by “velocity is just sucked away”? Do you mean that all current velocity is just removed? If so, wouldn’t it not be flung at all? Otherwise, do you mean the player is unable to control their character mid-air or that they stop moving in the direction they were moving towards when they get flung?

What exactly does “air control” mean?

(Also, perhaps provide the code for some attempts youve tried?)

Ok, I admit, that was a bit of an overstatement, and velocity is not just gone like that, that’s my brain working sorry. But, what I meant by air control is that being able to move more freely (such as combat initiation when you rocket fling). It makes it so that you move more fast based off your velocity at when you got flung

By move more freely, do you mean that the player should be able to easily control the direction they move in using WASD (just as they are on the ground), or do you mean that the player should keep the velocity they obtained from the fling (Like how rocket jumping works in most games, in which you cannot continue to control your movement precisely after you jump)?

The second one, I have stupid. I apologize.

I see

In that case, you probably want to use some sort of bodymover like LinearVelocity so that you can apply the actual velocity to the player.

I assume what you want is something like what is shown in this post?

1 Like