Minimized window bypassing ContextActionService:UnbindAllActions()

In my place I have a very simple script that waits 3 seconds and calls cas:UnbindAllActions(), this should effectively disable the player controls, however there appears to be an engine bug that allows players to avoid this change (or re-enable their controls).

I’ve set up a place here to demonstrate the issue.

This is the place file: controls.rbxl (18.1 KB)

This bug seems to be reproduced 100% of the time if your roblox client starts minimized, and you re-open your client window after the control changes are set. I have had multiple friends try this to confirm it.

However, this is not the only way to trigger the bug - it just happens to be the most consistent.

I have a video demonstrating the bug in action:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/716063116840140801/728905136302325760/2020-07-04_05-22-10.mp4

This bug does not seem to impact roblox studio, only live games.

6 Likes

Setting CAS to a higher priority does not fix this issue, using PlayerModule:GetControls():Disable() does not fix the issue either.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed this internally and we’ll follow up here when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

Any update to this? This bug was impacting our accelerator project submission.

1 Like

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

2 Likes

I can confirm this is not fixed.

1 Like

Alright. When there are any updates i will pass it on.

I just now tried to perform the bug again, and I can confirm that as of 7/1/2021 it is still not fixed.

1 Like