Mirroring Animations?

Hello,

I am looking for a way to mirror an animation. For example, if the original animation is the character waving their right arm, the mirrored version would be waving their left arm.

In order to do this, I think that I would need to edit the original animation somehow using a script. Is there a way to do this, or is all of the animation creating functionality locked to only be used be the animation editor plugin?

If anyone can help me find more information on this (editing an animation via a script, whether or not you can even do that, or perhaps another way to mirror an animation (something hacky to try, perhaps)) that would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

2 Likes

To put you a step in the right direction, check out the AnimSaves folder/model inside animated characters. It contains all of the KeyframeSequences for each animation. This holds all of the animation data, and you can modify it by script. You can even upload directly to Roblox by selecting a KeyframeSequence and clicking “Save to Roblox…” in the right-click menu.

Animations are not at all locked down to the plugin. The animation editor is a Lua plugin with the same permissions as normal user Lua plugins. You can even find user-made animation editors in the Plugins section.

2 Likes

Heres a post that might be helpful, it sure helped me when I had to make batting animations mirrored for left handed batters.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/mirrored-looping-animation/28841?source_topic_id=81909
1 Like