Mobile buttons for VehicleSeat

I was wondering if there was a way to connect mobile buttons to the already existing controls on the VehicleSeat? I have a boat that works terribly with the mobile and tablet thumbstick, and would rather switch it out for gui buttons that just control the vehicle seat with the same movement.

maybe this can help you.

if you don’t want to use any modules maybe you can speed up the vehicle with a button that makes the throttle to 1 for example, and move left right simulating with Humanoid:Move()

And also make the movement relative to the camera btw!

1 Like

Thank you for that link… it turns out i actually have been working on a script with mobile buttons that use the humanoid moveto already… i wonder if disabling the module as suggested will also disable current computer based control of the seats?

Yes, i think that disabling that module is going to disable the controls of the computer too, but don’t worry, you can disable it only for mobile users with this page if the parameter is false then it’s a mobile user, and disable the module for it. and if it isn’t then you don’t.

Hope that helps :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes that does help i will have to give it a try to see if i can get it to work… but first i need to figure out how to disable that module, the post didnt specify.

1 Like

i’m going to check that now, also if the link was the same as the other one click it again, sorry hehe

1 Like

Oh, after searching, you can’t disable module scripts, but you actually can delete them or change the parent. the thing that’s left is searching where is that module

Alr, got it:
inside the player’s scripts

1 Like

You’re awesome i will give this a try tomorrow!

1 Like

No problem :slight_smile: hope this solves your problem

1 Like

So I put this in a local script in StarterPlayerScripts:

wait(8)

local Players = game:GetService("Players")

local player = Players.LocalPlayer

local control = player.PlayerScripts.PlayerModule.ControlModule.VehicleController

control.Parent = game.Workspace

It succeeds in moving it to workspace, however the vehicle can still be controlled using the regular controls… nothing different. Any ideas?

You would think moving a module would also render useless the other modules that require it.