Model pixelator plugin

You just delete the original model?

No because the new model looks nothing like the original.

It gets pixelated so it is not gonna look like the original? It works perfectly for me, if you have decals on it, it won’t pixelate the decals.

Your issue is probably the scan size.

You should do some greedy meshing to minimize part count after the pixelation process

8 Likes

If you are using parts that have a specialmesh in it, then it won’t work. Simply because this system uses raycasting. The system goes by the collisions of you model.

Also

1 Like

Roblox has no meshesing system yet. Except for solid modeling and terrain.

2 Likes

Its not off sale. It may have been within an hour of release, but it has been available since yesterday.

No, its not. If you have a basic understanding of how raycasting works, then the issue is the model it self. Since this system goes off by collision, and I am pretty sure default character collisions are boxes. And hats use a part with a special mesh inside it. So the system won’t work with hats.

3 Likes

T-That’s Mind-blowing :exploding_head:

I can’t imagine how many things you can make with this, I really didn’t expect these types of plugins.
Amazing Job, keep it up!

2 Likes

I don’t see how this would be very useful, but unique idea ig

2 Likes

This plugin was intended mainly for art, and the fact that there isn’t a plugin like this. If your creative, this can be used for alotta things too.

3 Likes

That’s not what greedy meshing is. Right now you just pixelate it 1 to 1 which is really not good unless they need it as such. Should only do as few parts as possible. So it would become a lot more useful if you had an option for this

2 Likes

At the moment, there is no way for me to add a way to change block size. 1 stud is easy to work with when using math, such as rounding to a nearest whole number.

For now, users can shrink their model, pixelate it, and then scale it back up.

2 Likes

ohh, i see what you mean. This would be easy to do in a 2D way. But doing this in all directions is out of question. How would I even script something like that?

1 Like

That post I linked shows you how. 3D is simply expanding it to one more axis

Yes i know. I read the post, but it doesn’t help me to actually script anything. You see, I don’t even know how I would check parts, or even have built into the generating system that i got. I’ve even tried reading this post

but even then, i don’t really know what to with the parts.

1 Like

OP of that greedy meshing post here; it’s totally doable in 3D, in fact that’s what I’m doing in the image at the top of the post.

If you store your voxels in a 3D array first, then it should be trivial to write a greedy mesher to create a more efficient model.

3 Likes

You have given a powerful powerful tool to someone who will abuse this till the sun blows up, thank you

4 Likes