Model pixelator plugin

That’s not what greedy meshing is. Right now you just pixelate it 1 to 1 which is really not good unless they need it as such. Should only do as few parts as possible. So it would become a lot more useful if you had an option for this

2 Likes

At the moment, there is no way for me to add a way to change block size. 1 stud is easy to work with when using math, such as rounding to a nearest whole number.

For now, users can shrink their model, pixelate it, and then scale it back up.

2 Likes

ohh, i see what you mean. This would be easy to do in a 2D way. But doing this in all directions is out of question. How would I even script something like that?

1 Like

That post I linked shows you how. 3D is simply expanding it to one more axis

Yes i know. I read the post, but it doesn’t help me to actually script anything. You see, I don’t even know how I would check parts, or even have built into the generating system that i got. I’ve even tried reading this post

but even then, i don’t really know what to with the parts.

1 Like

OP of that greedy meshing post here; it’s totally doable in 3D, in fact that’s what I’m doing in the image at the top of the post.

If you store your voxels in a 3D array first, then it should be trivial to write a greedy mesher to create a more efficient model.

3 Likes

You have given a powerful powerful tool to someone who will abuse this till the sun blows up, thank you

4 Likes