Models/objects Disappearing in Team Create

This is the place where the issue occurred: https://www.roblox.com/games/973867134/the-art-zone

Basic rundown:

1. I used computer B to access Team Create, move models into Server Storage, and back into the workspace. Then I disconnected
  2. I used computer A to access Team Create, and discovered that all models previously moved to and from Server Storage are no longer in the place.

Detailed explanation:

Today between 4:30 pm and 4:50 pm Central time, I joined the Team Create and moved dozens of objects (130,000 parts over the course of those 20 minutes) into Server storage from my laptop at school. It’s a personal laptop. The way I moved these objects was first by placing them in a folder within the workspace, and then dragging that folder into Server Storage. After this initial action, I continued dragging more objects from the workspace, to that folder in Server Storage. I probably did this four times until I had moved the 130,000 parts I mentioned above.

The reason I was doing this, was because a contractor with an inadequate laptop continues getting a Team Create bug where the 3D view of studio stays white after connecting, and never changes. His camera can be seen in the level, but he can’t do anything. The solution we’ve found, is to move objects into server storage temporarily, and then move them back into the workspace once he connects. It’s frustrating, but this is another bug entirely.

In this particular instance, I had to move almost all of the objects in the workspace, to the folder in Server Storage, before he was able to connect. So it took about four tries until it worked.

After he connected, I dragged the folder object back into the workspace, and then moved its contents into the workspace. Then I deleted the folder. I disconnected from the Team Create after that.

Now, at about 8:00 pm Central, I connected to the Team Create from my desktop computer. As soon as I clicked edit, my team informed me that everything in the workspace (which I had moved earlier) was gone. The objects weren’t in Server Storage, and they weren’t anywhere else in the place.

I attempted to revert using the Configure place settings, to a point before I had connected on my desktop, (10 minutes, 20 minutes before) but the objects were still missing. I then reverted the place to a version from 4:00, and the objects were present. After that, I reverted the place to a version from about 7:00, so an hour before I joined on my desktop, and the objects were present.

We didn’t lose very much work, and I had local backups if needed, but this is a very concerning issue. I believe moving these objects on my laptop has a lot to do with why this happened. We’ve done this multiple times in order for the contractor in question to be able to connect, but this is the first time I did it on my laptop, and then reconnected later in the day on my desktop.

Thanks for reading. I hope I was clear.

5 Likes