Module script can be hacked?

i don’t undestand if i require it from local script the hacker can too no ?

2 Likes

By using ID they cannot unless they are using your account, if you publish it privately, you are the only one can require it.

2 Likes

still don’t understand … what do u mean id ? like changing the name ?

2 Likes

Look, you publish the ModuleScript with Save to Roblox and disable Allow Copying and copy the ID and require it by require(paste your id here).

2 Likes

but the hacker can look at his local script and he would see the require(–some ID) and then he can use it no ?

2 Likes

The module is in your inventory, they can see the ID, but they won’t be able to access it anyways.

1 Like

they cant just do this ?
require(game.rp:WaitForChild(idhere)).anyvalue = value ??

1 Like

What do you mean by that code? anyways they cannot access the module, the only way is to log in your account and manually take the module.

2 Likes

i meant by that code is the code that the hacker would write on his exploiter programme

1 Like

They are not the module owner. Again, the only way to get the module is by the place owner.

do people use this method ? thats my first hearing about it to preent hackers

Yes, if you research, you would know that.

is there any post that mentions it?

If the client can do it, so can exploiters.

Exploiters have the same access to module scripts that you do as the game designer, except their access is even stronger. There’s really no way to secure the client against hackers. You could try storing instances inside your local script then deleting the module script, but they could still change the local script function environment with an updated version. If you’re storing something vulnerable on the client side, consider doing it on the server side instead, otherwise you’ll have to bite the bullet

wbt the method tha @5smokin has mentioned it?

There is a certain stigma around exploiters, that makes (especially new devs) really paranoid and nervous about them. dont, it’s far too little for you to care about. if there’s exploiters simply hit them with the ban (now in neat api form too )

I think he’s a little confused, in game doesn’t have anything to do with uploading scripts

It’s always important to secure your game from exploiters, game crash exploits are super popular and very easy to do without proper thought behind remote events, data corruption can happen for example, if you save data using a remote event, it can be spammed causing all data saves to be dropped. Always exploit proof your games there’s no harm behind it and it helps you learn more.

It does, if the module is uploaded the exploiter cannot access the module in any way.