Motivational Help

So I started my own game project and I’ve been trying to find builders for a while now, however, that isn’t working out very well. So now I’m just gonna teach myself how to build. My game is based of an RP game, and I require Low-Poly style building. I’m pretty good at replicating other people’s work (Looking at an image and remaking it) but when it comes to originality, I lack creativity and motivation.

Any building advice? Things that can push my creativity and motivation.

What type of game are you making? I’ll answer your question after that.

I want to make something like this.

It doesn’t look hard, but coming up with an original/unique layout is so frustrating.

So what I would say is, make some buildings that you want around your game. House, cafe, lake, etc. Then, position them in a city-like layout.

Remember, if you like it then keep it.

I don’t know if it’s the right idea to start building (especially low poly) directly like that. If you start building, you shouldn’t go for such a massive projects. You need to learn step by step - Do small assets, more difficult from time to time. Additionally, since you are aiming for low-poly, you are probably up to use Blender, which is even more time intensive.

To the motivatial thing. Just google pictures (houses, tables whatever) and select a picture, and try to rebuild it. If it doesn’t look good, that’s ok - You do not lose anything, you just win experience from time to time.

I hope I was able to help you, if you have more questions, then you can just reply to this.

3 Likes

You can’t force motivation or creativity, but you can amplify it by working on things you have a passion for.

Think about what your interests are. Build things that you can really resonate with.

From personal experience, lack of motivation either comes from stress or excessive dopamine release in your brain. I usually always go to the gym, but if I take a couple of days off I immediately start feeling less motivated. Try jogging or something before you hop onto studio and see if that helps you.