Motor6D isn't tweening?

Hey guys, I’m trying to tween this motor 6D however it doesn’t seem to actually be moving at all?

This is the script:

If you can help, please do. I’m racking my brain about this.

down1.C0 = script.Parent.Head.LTWing.Part0.CFrame:ToObjectSpace(script.Parent.Head.LTOpen.Part1.CFrame)
		down1.C1 = script.Parent.Head.LTWing.Part0.CFrame:ToObjectSpace(script.Parent.Head.LTOpen.Part1.CFrame * CFrame.new(0,-0.3,0.15))

downtween1 = ts:Create(script.Parent.Head.LTWing, TweenInfo.new(5), down1)

downtween1:Play()
2 Likes

Sorry for the late response, but I don’t think that is proper use of TweenService. TweenService works by passing the object to be edited (which in your case is LTWing, which I would assume is the motor), the TweenInfo (which you have passed), and the properties to be edited. For the last parameter, you need to wrap it into {} and state the relationship there. For the Motor6D, maybe you could do something like this:

down1.C0 = script.Parent.Head.LTWing.Part0.CFrame:ToObjectSpace(script.Parent.Head.LTOpen.Part1.CFrame)

downtween1 = ts:Create(down1, TweenInfo.new(5), {C1 = script.Parent.Head.LTWing.Part0.CFrame:ToObjectSpace(script.Parent.Head.LTOpen.Part1.CFrame * CFrame.new(0,-0.3,0.15))
})

downtween1:Play()

This might not work of course, but from what I can see, this is inappropriate usage of the TweenService:Create() function.

2 Likes

Apologies, this must’ve been because I didn’t post all the code. “down1” is already wrapped in a table, which is where the two starting lines assign a C0 and C1 value that it needs to be tweened to. This isn’t an improper use, as I have the same method for a NVG system that I made for when the player pulls down the goggles over their head.

In the first variable of the ts:Create, that’s the motor6d being tweened.

EDIT: Although it works for that aforementioned NVG system, it doesn’t seem to work in this application, and I have no idea why.

1 Like

If you are still having issues, maybe I topic that I created a while ago might help. I asked a similar question, which was how to use TweenService with Motor6D through welded parts. Maybe it will help you too. Give it a shot and tell me if it helps.

2 Likes

Thanks man, I’ll check it out and let you know.

1 Like

This was amazing! The example rblx file helped me configure things. Thanks a ton!

1 Like