Motor6D Tool Positioning

I have been trying to a sword idle and attack animation using the default roblox animation editor since I don’t like to use moon animator. But when I try to use motor6d, it causes the sword to look left to wherever the dummy is facing.

I have also used the tool-grip-editor plugin to allow the player to hold the sword.

Whenever I try to animate with this, the sword is inside the player’s arm instead of being it on his hand.

Not sure if you’ve already come across any of the posts about this, but in case you haven’t here’s someone who was having a similar issue and they discovered a fix. [R6] Tool hold animation not replicating to all clients - #9 by theswolebaby

Not sure if your issue is with client replication, but the images they’ve uploaded seem to look just like yours.

If this isn’t your issue there is a chance the grip or your attachment to the rig for animating isn’t working properly. In that case, I don’t know what you use to adjust the grip but I know I’ve run across some people’s grip editors not working and I recommend this one and I know it works: Tool Grip Editor - Roblox. If the issue is with the tool in the editor, might wanna check this out just to make sure you’ve done it properly: How to animate a tool/object with a Dummy in the Animation Editor

I have used the tool grip editor to adjust it and when I try to animate the weapon, it causes it to turn left. I also followed the tutorial which you linked at the bottom and it still makes the weapon face towards the left for me.

I have put the motor6d instance inside the right arm and part0’s parent is the rightarm and part1’s parent is the left arm.

Did you try this? It might be worth a try even if the description of their issue isn’t the exact same as yours.

Unfortunately, it did not fix the issue.