Motor6D Tween is not the same in-game compared to studio

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I am not too familiar with motor6D’s but I have a tween setup where when the player is holding mouse1 on a closet, it will lower their right arm by tweening the viewmodel (stored in the players camera) shoulder motor6D. It works by using a bool value to determine if the players arm should be raised (false) or lowered (true), then playing the tween using that parameter.
  2. What is the issue?
    When my tween is called in studio compared to in game, it looks completely different.

In game: Arm moves in an instant weird position

In studio: Desired effect

1. What solutions have you tried so far?
    I looked all over the DevForum and found nothing that would help my problem, I think it may have something to do with loading, but I am not sure.

This is the flashlight module which handles the tween:

CFNew and CFAng are variables for CFrame.new and CFrame.Angles. All the words starting with “VR” belong to the viewport motor6D’s. The tween is also stored in a module script called “UTILITIES.” under a table.

local module = {}

-- Lower the flashlight out of frame

function module.Lower(bool)
	if bool then
		UTIL["General"].TweenVal(VRShoulder, 0.9, Enum.EasingStyle.Quint, Enum.EasingDirection.Out, {C0 = CFNew(VRShoulderX, VRShoulderY, VRShoulderZ) * CFAng(math.rad(-60), math.rad(-10), 0)})
	else
		UTIL["General"].TweenVal(VRShoulder, 0.9, Enum.EasingStyle.Quint, Enum.EasingDirection.Out, {C0 = CFNew(VRShoulderX, VRShoulderY, VRShoulderZ) * CFAng(0, 0, 0)})
	end
end

return module

This is the local script which uses UserInputService:

local conn1
	local eventC
	STORAGE.INPUT_SERV.InputBegan:Connect(function(input, gameProcessed)
		if input.UserInputType == Enum.UserInputType.MouseButton1 then
			if mouse.Target then
				local target = mouse.Target.Parent
				if IsEntity(target, "Closet") and ClosetDetection(target) then
					FLASHLIGHT.Lower(true)

conn1 = STORAGE.RUN_SERV.RenderStepped:Connect(function()
						local target2
						if mouse.Target ~= nil and mouse.Target.Parent:IsA("Model") then
							target2 = mouse.Target.Parent
						end

if not mouse.Target or target ~= target2 or not ClosetDetection(target) then
							eventC:Disconnect()
							conn1:Disconnect()
							FLASHLIGHT.Lower(false)
						end
					end)

-- If the player is listening to the closet before it becomes active, ensure they hear when it becomes active
					eventC = STORAGE.COLLECT_SERV:GetInstanceAddedSignal("Active"):Connect(function(entity)
							local look = mouse.Target.Parent
							--print(look.Name, entity.Name)

if look == entity and IsEntity(look, "Closet") then
								UTIL["Audio"].FadeAudio(audio.SFX.Entities.Closet.Heartbeat, 1, 0.2, false)
								print("Active event")
							end
							return
						end
					end)
				end
			end
		end
	end)

STORAGE.INPUT_SERV.InputEnded:Connect(function(input, gameProcessed)
		if input.UserInputType == Enum.UserInputType.MouseButton1 and conn1 then
			conn1:Disconnect()
			if mouse.Target then
					local target = mouse.Target.Parent
					if IsEntity(target, "Closet") then
						FLASHLIGHT.Lower(false)
					end
				end
			end
		end
	end)

If you need anymore information, please don’t be afraid to ask.

Make an attribute in Workspace and name it “RbxLegacyAnimationBlending” and set it to true. It might solve your problem.

Unfortunately didn’t work, also this isn’t an animation it’s a tween so I don’t think that would’ve affected it either way.

Try placing a starter character of your desired rig in StarterPlayer (make sure it is unanchored) and see if the issue persists. I think this is a bug.

I’ve managed to fix my issue, it seems by pressing the “Migrate To Latest Update” button after publishing my game with retargeting to disabled, fixed it. You can find the thread where I went step by step of everything I did:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.