Motor6D.Transform doesn't replicate Z axis (?) animations

So I created a View Model (Fake Arms) and I used Motor6D.Transform to transform the real Motor6Ds (Left Shoulder, Right Shoulder and the Motor6D that weld the tool to the character) to replicate real arms animations. I also created Aim Down Sights, which multiply the Motor6Ds C0 to a certain CFrame such that it will be positioned in the middle of the screen.

However, I ran into a problem where the animations seems to be not fully replicating:
https://gyazo.com/8fac796adc036f4f48c4316b906bd7a3

You can see, when I’m not Aiming Down Sights, there’s a weapon recoil animations which the gun goes backward and sightly upward
However, when I Aim Down Sights, it turns out the backward recoil animation is not replicating.

The example below might illustrate the issue, the majority of this animation is the gun going backwards, when I Aim Down Sights, it even acts like there’s no animation playing (In fact there is):
https://gyazo.com/372645eea92ee41fabeebe6e621e8812

This also happen to all other guns that I’ve been working and animated on. I don’t think it’s related to Animation priority, they are all set to action. Plus, it’s weird to see only a part of animation is showing up. This might get a bit complicated to solve.

If you wonder how did I do the Aim Down Sights, please check this out (Also for the source code)

Very strange, What I did for my guns is make one part called handle (Keep in mind I did not use tools for my gun model system), Then weld the entire gun to this handle part, And then just clone the RightHand’s Motor6D “RightWrist” (I believe that’s the name) and set the Part0 to the Right Hand and then set the Part1 to the “Handle”

That way when you use it the gun would be effected with it. Not sure if this will help solve your issue.

That’s R15, this is R6. Just so you know, he’s using a custom system that uses a Motor6D in the Torso.

1 Like

Sure it’s an issue with replication or are you just experiencing overlap? Not immediately clear to me what the problem is due to the title and content not quite reflecting each other.

If it’s an issue of replication, Motor6D.Transform does not replicate for performance reasons. This is noted as such in the announcement thread.