Mouse Icon Hovering Under Chat

Hello developers,

I’ll keep it simple. I’m trying to make a custom mouse icon, so I disabled the mouse using UIS.MouseIconEnabled = false, and I update an imagelabel’s position every frame to be at the mouse’s position. I’m doing this because I want the mouse icon to be a custom one, and the mouse always reverts to the default icon whenever it hovers over a GUI item. The problem with using an imagelabel though is that no matter how high I make the ZIndex, it’s still always behind the chat box.

Does anyone know what can be done to fix this?

2 Likes

Are you aware of the Icon property of the Mouse?

edit: apparently your GUI issue will still be a problem:

Note, this property is overridden when the mouse is hovering over a GuiButton .

1 Like

Yes, I am aware of it. And yeah hovering is still a problem, which is why I’m looking for another solution.

1 Like

I’m fairly certain there isn’t a way to do this. You should make a feature request (reference this old one, it has multiple feature requests in one post so isn’t really appropriate).

2 Likes

Did you try editing the DisplayOrder of the ScreenGui instead of the ZIndex of the image?

4 Likes
1 Like

Adding onto this, I believe the display order of the chat is at 6. There was a max of 10 or something for display order, but that may have been removed since I last checked.

Regardless, @colbert2677’s solution should work.

3 Likes

I believe the DisplayOrder limit is indeed removed. If not, then it’s still 10 and my DisplayOrder input isn’t getting clamped like ZIndex used to do pre-limit removal.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, DisplayOrder is the property I’m looking for. Changing it to 8 made it hover above the chat, thanks:D

You get a Solution Checkmark

3 Likes