mouse.Icon will not change no matter what

I’d like to change the mouse icon in my game, all it is is a small white circle with a black outline around it.

My script doesn’t work no matter what I do. I’ve tried using the Decal ID and the Image ID and received the same results every time. it works in studio but doesn’t work in the actual game. it’s a LocalScript inside of the StarterPlayerScripts folder. My code is down below.

local mouse = game.Players.LocalPlayer:GetMouse()
mouse.Icon = "rbxassetid://11243297951"

One notable thing is that whenever i use code from the Devforum to try and achieve this, even after changing the rbxassetid, it seems to just use the image from the original code. any attempt to fix it turns the cursor into the hover cursor.

Any help is appreciated,
AggressiveCIown.

Maybe it’s because you used a decal image?

I’ve used both a decal id and image id and neither worked

Wait for the image to be approved by moderators

It’s been approved for about 4 days

I’m currently looking at other DevForum posts and it seems that the script should work in StarterCharacterScripts (source).

I’ll try this out, thanks for the idea!

1 Like

Just tested it out, same results sadly

Works for me though:

hm, that’s strange, I wonder why it isn’t working for me…

Is your code in a local script?
What folder is your script in?

It’s a local script inside of StarterCharacterScripts

1 Like

I’ve ran a few tests and after adding a wait() before changing the icon, it started working.

wait()
game.Players.LocalPlayer:GetMouse().Icon = "rbxassetid://11243297951"

same results :frowning: it works inside of studio but not in-experience

In Studio

In Experience it just stays like this

1 Like

The one that is in experience is the interractive cursor which you haven’t changed.

Yes, but there isn’t anything for it to interact with, it just stays like that. It should be the same as in studio right?

Yes, it should be the same as in Studio.

The problem seems to be in the Image size. It’s too small which is why it’s behaving this strange.

I tried using a bigger cursor and it works perfectly in game.

hm, makes sense, i’ll try make a larger image