MovementHandler

Hello fellow Developers!!

What is MovementHandler?

Today I am releasing my first open-source module, the MovementHandler!! Making things like Crouch, Sprint, Slide can be easy but kind of boring at the same time(because it’s easy). It is used very frequently in a lot of games. I am working on a FPS Framework as well, and I hadn’t really planned to make this, but my ego ate me up and I couldn’t bear watching games having these abilities but my framework not. So I took some time and made this. It is very very easy to use, and if you have some quality animations, you could get quite a lot out of this.

How to use it?

In the Roblox Model, there are 3 Folders:

• ReplicatedStorage
  • ServerScriptService
  • StarterPlayerScripts

By defualt, the script expects the folders to go to their respective directories like this:

https://gyazo.com/7a132c8b119140f75ff85f4030311be5

To use the animations provided in the Script itself, you will have to upload the animations to your account and then replace the AnimationIds in the Animation objects accordingly.

The script automatically adjusts if the character dies and respawns.

Keybinds

• Sprint - LeftShift
  • Crouch - LeftControl and C
  • Slide - LeftControl and C

License

Mozilla Public License 2.0

Permissions of this weak copyleft license are conditioned on making available source code of licensed files and modifications of those files under the same license (or in certain cases, one of the GNU licenses). Copyright and license notices must be preserved. Contributors provide an express grant of patent rights. However, a larger work using the licensed work may be distributed under different terms and without source code for files added in the larger work.

Read the full document here.

Download

Get it here
or from the GitHub Repository

P.s. this is my first time making something open-source please go easy on me and drop your feedback!!

8 Likes

The previous topic got deleted so I had to make a new one

1 Like

UPDATE

You now simply put the script in StarterCharacterScripts and you are good to go!!

1 Like

Seems great! I’ll use it in one of my later projects.

2 Likes

Oh no I have 2 topics now what do I do??

This topic is being moved to the previous topic, it got flagged and deleted but it’s back now. Therefore this topic will be locked.