Moving a part using tweenservice, runservice or body movers?

If I want to make a part (let’s say a fireball) move from the player position to mouse.hit position. Should I use tweenservice, runservice (by changing the cfame) or body movers? Thanks!

tweenservice if the fireball wont move dynamically, runservice if it will. def don’t use body movers though

1 Like

TweenService/RunService:
For animations/cutscenes/background objects such as cars

from the three, you should use Constraint Movers, such as LinearVelocity, since Body Movers are deprecated, and LinearVelocity is the alternative to BodyVelocity

you could still use all of the other methods, but I would recommend using the module FastCast. could take some time to learn, but it’s worth it. however, if you don’t want to use the module, LinearVelocity (or any other constraint mover, such as AlignPosition) would work.

1 Like

I disagree

Using Bodymovers presents a huge loss in performance and reliability. Many fireballs at the same time could decimate performance if you’re using physics, while alternatives like RunService could have a number of optimizations applied (BulkMoveTo, culling cframe updates based on the viewport, spreading fireball updates between frames, etc). It also allows for more unique behavior, such as fireballs following the path of splines. Bodymovers should solely be used for things that are already physically simulated, like characters being pushed away from a blast.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. So I should use body movers to perform knockback?
Another question is that if I want to create a dash move, should I also use runservice?

Yes, you’re right it would be a good idea to use bodymovers to perform knockback. Anytime something that’s physically simulated is moved with scripts (discreetly changing position), there’s a chance it could noclip in to objects or other wonky things.

For a dash move, I’m not as familiar with the common practices used to create it, so you should probably research it a bit. But I’d assume you’d want to use bodymovers as well, not runservice, or else the character could noclip/other weird behavior.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.