Moving Platform issue

it was a normal script yeah, is it meant to be local?

no, I guess I’ll test this one

oh okay, i appreciate your help so far! :slight_smile:

ah, you must unanchor the part

still doesn’t move for some reason even though it’s unanchored :L did you use my exact script?

wait, do you mean that the yuh part is the parent of that moving part?!?

so “yuh” is the model that they’re all in, and i just used that to save me from typing “script.Parent.Parent”

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 02.29.43

Make sure the part isn’t inside or blocked by any other parts.You might need to up the force on the BodyPosition if the brick is to heavy to be moved by the current force.

1 Like

Gonna guess that you’re using cframe and tweens (make sure the movement is mostly done on client while primary movements/things are done on server)

You can utilize this solution to help you “attach” the character to the platform.

I personally always use anchored bricks and cframes, I never trust unanchored things :man_shrugging: idk why. Probably because unanchored things are so easy to break at times :pensive:

1 Like

i tried to up the force a bit and move it around a little, but it just fell through the floor even though it was completely solid

so I figured out

yuh = workspace.yuh

original = script.Parent.Position
script.Parent.BodyPosition.MaxForce = Vector3.new(math.huge, math.huge, math.huge)

while true do
	script.Parent.Anchored= false
	script.Parent.BodyPosition.Position = yuh.Position
	wait(5)
	script.Parent.BodyPosition.Position = original
	wait(5)
end

With this explorer

1 Like

haha i know what you mean

alright, i’ll look into that thread, hopefully it helps :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ll give your method a go and then see if the other one is more reliable, thanks!

it definitely worked! the platform moves really really fast though, is there any way i could change that? trying the other method too now also suggested by 3rdhoan123

i’ve used the script below, and I placed it in StarterPlayerScripts, but it doesn’t work, so i’m not sure if i’m putting it in the right place, i sort of tweaked it to make it work with my part, any help would be appreciated

local Players = game:GetService("Players")
local player = game.Players.LocalPlayer
local RunService = game:GetService('RunService')

local LastTrainCFrame

local Function
local Function2

Function = RunService.Heartbeat:Connect(function()

--------------------------------------------------------------- CHECK PLATFORM BELOW

local RootPart = player.Character.LowerTorso

local Ignore = player.Character

local ray = Ray.new(RootPart.CFrame.p,Vector3.new(0,-211,0))

local Hit, Position, Normal, Material = workspace:FindPartOnRay(ray,Ignore)

if Hit and Hit.Name == "MoveyWovey" then -- Change "RaftTop" to whatever the moving part's name is

--------------------------------------------------------------- MOVE PLAYER TO NEW POSITON FROM OLD POSITION

local Train = Hit
if LastTrainCFrame == nil then -- If no LastTrainCFrame exists, make one!
	LastTrainCFrame = Train.CFrame -- This is updated later.
end
local TrainCF = Train.CFrame 

local Rel = TrainCF * LastTrainCFrame:inverse()

LastTrainCFrame = Train.CFrame -- Updated here.

RootPart.CFrame = Rel * RootPart.CFrame -- Set the player's CFrame
--print("set")

else
LastTrainCFrame = nil -- Clear the value when the player gets off.

end

Function2 = player.Character.Humanoid.Died:Connect(function()
	Function:Disconnect() -- Stop memory leaks
	Function2:Disconnect() -- Stop memory leaks
end)

end)

Are you tweening the moving block or using Body Position? Cause Body Position doesn’t work with it.

i was only using bodyposition at the time

GFink has helped me find a solution! I used AlignPosition and Attachments to make it work, whilst moving a goal brick back and forth. if anyone is looking at this and needs help, reply to this and i’ll help you out!

adfsfsdff

EDIT: https://www.roblox.com/library/5218808920/mpe here is the model for anyone who needs help!! there are instructions inside and i explained it

5 Likes

Hi, i have same problem. Can you help? thx

1 Like

i can, yes! if you want to i can send you over a link to a model which i have made that has a script inside it and i’ll explain everything in that script?

EDIT: https://www.roblox.com/library/5218808920/mpe here is the model! there’s instructions inside

3 Likes