Multiple Events vs Single

So I have multiple events on the client firing back to back to the server, all because they’re for different things. So I be doing this or have one single remote event and shove all the necessary data into that one remote event and have the server handle it?

I’m not quite sure whats best practice.

The only difference between having multiple RemoteEvents and a single one is that how many instances you’re using increases. The use increase is negligible (or if you have many, then not significant enough to cause any kind of concern).

My recommendation would be not to use a single RemoteEvent because at that point, you’re going to quickly run into various traps and shoot yourself in the foot where easily avoidable. Use multiple events: you’ll save yourself sanity and retain some semblance of readability. It also helps in the sense that you don’t have to handle arguments arbitrarily per type of message being received.

3 Likes

Sorry for the late reply but I meant a case like:

antiExploitShoot:Fire(fireTime)
replicationShoot:Fire(start, end, etc)

They never fire alone but I kept them separate because when it gets to the server, they each follow a completely different sequence of processes.

I don’t know if this is good practice or not.

How about in a case of instead of 2, theres 3+??