My friend got IP banned on my game

So basically i used HD Admin and my game got hacked somehow thru HD Admin? my friend joined and got banned by the hacker entirely (IP BAN SEEMS LIKE SO) but not by HD Admin but with some kind of exploits. it says this when he tried to join, he also added and messaged my friend thru discord
thats what happens when he tried to join on an alt account.
this is what hacker said
this is what it says if my friend tries going on alt account
Im so confused idk how this could be possible, i tried resetting his data, but thats all ideas i had actually, i read that only way to fix this is thru the support, pls help!

1 Like

Are u sure this isn’t implemented?

Introducing the Ban API and Alt Account Detection - Updates / Announcements - Developer Forum | Roblox

1 Like

Annihilate every free models in your game.

Hackers creates backdoors from infected models.

1 Like

Nothing impressive here, this is just the new ban API, its a newly released feature.

the easiest solution is just to enter the game with someone that has edit access, and have them type this in the console:

game.Players:UnbanAsync({userIdOfYourFriendGoesHere}, true)

2 Likes

does this work in roblox studio?

1 Like

Maybe, but if you’re entering from studio as the banned person i think you would just get the banned screen when clicking play? could still maybe do it if you do “run” instead of “play” though im completely speculating

EDIT: i think you can probably do it just from the command bar in studio, without using play at all

1 Like

Yes, i did that, but somehow he still managed, i checked every model, looked thru all scripts, i had no choice but to remove HD Admin cuz he kept getting Owner powers for some reason!

1 Like

Best choice is to make your own admin module, it might be a little bit hard for a new coder, but relying on other admin modules is stupid and esp open sourced ones.

2 Likes

No, it lets my friend play in studio, also it doesn’t say “You’re banned from the game” it says Player removed from the DataModel which doesn’t even sound like a ban

is HD admin like unprotected or there is actual backdoors in my game and im just dumb? there was viruses in my game and probably backdoors, but i got rid of all of them and it stopped saying errors so i thought it was good, but then someone just joined and hacked it again and it must’ve been same person on alt account because game got hacked before and i banned that person

It’s most likely a backdoor or virus;

That ban message does not definitely seem like it was from HD admin, and instead issued from a script or serversided executor done in the game

Check your game again and run over any scripts or loaders
Unban yourself using unbanasync and push a live update

1 Like

HD Admin is extremely vulnerable and has almost zero protection against exploits. I strongly recommend against ever using it in any circumstance.

Regarding this error message:
This is an error that occurs as a result of being logged in to multiple accounts. A way to circumvent this issue is to open the Roblox Player app, log into the desired account, and play the game from within the app. Although you should be careful with this as well, as BanAsync is roughly capable of detecting alts and banning them as well. Make sure that you correctly use UnbanAsync before having them join again.

I also recommend banning the exploiter from your game and setting it to private until you’re sure the issue has been resolved.

I’d like to clarify for a moment. HD Admin is extremely unsecure and exploiters have extremely easy access to gain full control over it. But there is 100% a backdoor in your game allowing the exploiter to do so. Disable HTTP Requests unless necessary, and search any free models you may have until you find the malicious script(s).

1 Like

I see thanks for that! Problem is i searched all scripts and everything, maybe i didn’t try something else? i have like no ideas to find it i need help

Given the urgency of the issue, I’ll send you a dm shortly to better be able to help you through it. If anyone else reading this thread has any advice, it would be appreciated.

1 Like

We’ve looked through, and the issue appears to be originating from a malicious fake avatar editor model that was being used in the game.

If anyone finds this thread having a similar issue, the steps you should follow are to:

1. Try to find and remove any suspicious or obfuscated scripts
  2. Remove any free models that you don’t 100% trust (and even then, validate the ones you do trust)
  3. Ensure you have no malicious plugins installed

If you’re having problems with a backdoor, even those steps might not work, but they’re the best things you can do first to try and resolve it. If you’re having issues, opening a thread in scripting support is always welcome, and my messages are open.