My game is failing, how can I fix that?

Also, thecnically with your point, I may have a Game that is only a Baseplate, be lucky and I will get that Game famous

Do you mean running 10k ad per day or just once?

and for how many days?

Trying to grow a new game myself.

Awesome answer, there’s nothing else to it really. Traction is natural, if the game doesn’t take off you will get far more dividends if you just try make it more enjoyable than burning more money into it. Most, even, just make a new game. Not every game has to be successful.

1 Like

I ran just 10K for 1 ad for 24 hours. But it’s also a group game as well, so the conversion rate is harder for me. What kind of game?

I’m not trying to be rude here. But it might be on your end. Many mobile players have played the game and have not experienced lag. I have optimized somethings incase there is a device that does not perform well on a regular basis.

Great answer though. Genre isn’t dying, but most of the people don’t like it maybe. As I suggested a few things in my above post, these are good points to start your game.

1 Like

How many concurrent players did it get you?

This is my game Ultimate Power Tycoon 🔥 - Roblox

Ive been spending a decent amount but havent had much luck gaining traction

The Roblox recommendation algorithm is absolutely the most important factor in game’s success.

If your game is only visible in the search results under not-so-popular keywords, it fails with no exceptions.

You can boost your chances by making your game high-quality, addictive etc. but your main goal is always to get on some sort.

The 30d retention stats shows how many players come back after a month to good games (top 1000).
0.5% is terrible, that’s why believing that people will keep playing your game because it’s fun is very naive.
Popular games are able to keep players coming back thanks to content creators, big communities, new content and presence on various sorts, you can’t do much as a small dev though.
I took this data from developer stats, where it shows the benchmark for top1k.

Then how come I can play almost any other game at maximum graphics and still get good FPS on my phone? Doesn’t quite make sense that your game would lag if it’s so optimized…

The algorithm picks games based on how well they are already doing. Roblox has the algorithm in the first place to boost discoverability and keep players playing games that they’re actually engaging with and enjoy. Not to randomly select games to be popular.

This is the most important takeaway. Regardless of how much you believe the algorithm affects a game’s success… if you think that you CAN control it in some manner then it isn’t random… maybe you just haven’t done it right.

This hopeless attitude towards it is pretty pointless. Not only CAN you do things about it, the top devs (even solo devs) DO very often. I think your issue is that you don’t know

I don’t think you realise how that statistic works. 0.5% is not actually bad, but most top 1000 games will have a higher stat than that regardless.

@otk2613 Please don’t take that advice about advertising. Spending more money on ads won’t help you much at all with the state your game is in. Here are some things I would change in your game first:

• The game lags like crazy. This is 100% your main issue (unless I just got unlucky with a server or something?). I’m playing with a good computer and it is still extremely laggy, almost unplayable actually. I imagine it wouldn’t work at all on most phones or tablets.
    EDIT: nevermind, it might’ve just been that server

• The arrows leading everywhere when you first join will be very confusing to new players. Maybe just make it one arrow to an open tycoon.

• Random players could kill me before I can do anything.

• There are a LOT of buttons everywhere at the start, including robux purchase buttons. I’d keep that at a minimum until later on.
    Same with other stuff really. There’s just a lot of content, which is a good thing, but it’s not introduced smoothly. I skipped the cutscene at the start (which I imagine a lot of players will do), and I don’t really know what the point is of fighting the NPCs. I should unlock the different things like auras and pets as I progress to give me more sense of my progression and more content slowly, instead of all at once as I just join the game.

I like that there are NPC enemies and some RPG mechanics, and that there are other things to do than in a normal tycoon. That could work quite well, but the issues above stopped me from having fun in your game.

1 Like

Okay, sorry but now, I don’t want to be rude, but stop saying falsehoods

No it isn’t, if I have a low-effort Game, and I’m, how you say, ‘lucky’, this means the Game will have like 1 million Players?
Nooo, if it isn’t engaging, it will not be popular, with, or without Algorithm

Not always, word of mouth is the biggest advertisement you will ever get, one Player plays your Game, tells his friends, which tell their friends and so on, after that, your Game’s keywords will be popular, obviously it’s harder, but it’s still possible

You just contradicted yourself

Where did you find this information?
I have to know

Whoever said you can’t have all of that as a small Developer? It’s harder but you can

Could you show us a link?

I’m sorry, I’m not going to further explain my post as you failed to understand it.

+

Sweet stories about “friend telling the other friend” proves you have absolutely no experience in releasing the games whatsoever.

Well, as we know that advertisements not work, social media works for a day or two (that also this isn’t true) word of mouth is the biggest, if I find a Game, on Roblox, what is the first thing I want to do? Play it with a friend, if the Game is good I will invite my friend, he will come and if he likes the Game he will stay, then when my friend wants to play, he will ask me, but if I’m not able to play, he will ask his other friends, which creates a domino effect

I understood it, you basically say that if your Game is fun it down at matter, the important thing is that it’s boosted by the algorithm

But what are you taking about? Have you ever wandered how I uncovered Minecraft? One of my friends told me about it
How I uncovered Lumber Tycoon 2?
A friend told me
How I uncovered Jailbreak?
A friend told me
How I uncovered Roblox?
A friend told me

So stop saying falsehoods

Personally, I think the game is of decent quality but the issue at hand is it doesn’t really match the genre of currently trending experiences - which unfortunately is majorly Anime and RP.

The game looks too simple. I recommend having look on other games having same genre. Also you should add more of cartoony style to the game which will hopefully get the attention of players.

That maybe gets kids alot. I genuinely run away from these games. They literally irritate my eyes and after a time, I just leave the game and just never come back again. Maybe that’s not the case for everyone, but I kept my point.

[Run Animation on the client side] I’d say, Run the animation to the client, not to the sever that way, the lags will decrease from server side along with client side. [Game Design #1 - Transparency] - In this case every time the player has found the gear then change the gear’s transparency from “0” down to “0.4” [Game Design #2 - Animation] - Reduce the animation on trees for about 50%. [Game Design #3 - Lightning] - reduce the saturation for about 30% [Daynight Cycle] - Remove daynight cycle [UI Design] - Improve the inventory system,. make the collected gear be visible as many as possible, like pet sim x inventory UI. [BG Music] - Change BG Music to something Funny Style like “Find The Markers. Game: Find The Markers (237) - Roblox” [Feedback Prompt] - Add “Teleport to Lobby?” with Yes or No button. [Map Design] - Add more details to the map. Add more building. Add mini quest. add obby, add mini games, puzzle, add mystery QnA. add keys to unlock door/chests. … over all the it has a great potential but need to add more stuff. :slight_smile: