My game stats are low

I recently launched my game, “Section Obby”, and started running some sponsored ads.

• When could my game potentially get featured on the home page?

• Also, I’d love some feedback! Are there any aspects of the game that might not appeal to players? According to my stats, the average playtime is only 3.7 minutes, which feels a bit short.

game: Section Obby - Roblox

Thanks so much in advance! :purple_heart:

1 Like

After playing 27 stages, here are my overall thoughts:

First of all, your build style is very respectable, it’s clean, well organized, and just feels nice to jump around in, that really is saying a lot.

However you have to understand you’re categorized in a niche section of Obbies. The playstyle is very familiar to a Tower Obby, though different as it’s split in sections with a natural environment that advances the further you go. I would expect nothing more than slow growth if I released a Tower (style) Obby, but it could also pop off after its had enough engagement over time. It’s just not something I generally see (new Tower Obbies blowing up quickly).

Lets get down to the reason why I actually left- for me, it was the environments coloring. A common pattern in Tower Obbies is having either bright, or pastel colors and it’s just simply because it feels more lively. Most of the starting sections are heavy on the brown, and once you go down, the kill bricks are a dark red/purple hue. These colors just don’t keep my brain strapped, despite the environment being an enjoyable experience.

Find a way to incorporate monetization. The more players you can monetize, the more likely ROBLOX will suggest your game on the Homepage. Though never guaranteed, having paying players definitely helps. Example Developer Products: Activate Disco/Party Mode, Turn it to Day/Night, Earthquake (shaking everyone off their platforms), Low Gravity Mode, etc.

The game lobby needs to be slightly more appealing, I’m not sure what. Butterflys flying around? Dust particles? Other games that have a similar lobby and build style would incorporate some sort of Particle to take away from the classic quietness, whether it’s a campfire, a torch, a water feature, etc.

Looking at the thumbnail, it doesn’t leave a lot to be desired. In my opinion it about 30% makes me want to play to check out what that City might look like-- but that’s not really what the games about. I zoomed out in-game and saw just how insane this setup is, you really need to do a zoomed out screenshot of all the sections and use that as your marketing, it definitely piques the interest as being something unique!

The loading screen lasted about 5 seconds to long for me on PC. I don’t think it’s the biggest issue, but the less things that get in a new players way, the better.

Lastly, considering adding a Favorite or Invite Friends prompt in your game, maybe at that 2-3 minute mark since that’s your average.

Anyways, overall I wish you luck, there are so many amazing elements to your game, and it truly is unique. I wish there was more bright colors for me to discover as I headed into each section, but at the same time I did enjoy the environments you built. I hope you can figure out what makes your player base tick!

1 Like

Thank you so much for your feedback. I now understand what the issue is. I will change the first line in terms of colors and make them more pleasant and appealing, no doubt. I will also add more monetization features. I’ll spice up the lobby and make it more interesting. I’ll optimize the loading screen and try to make it faster — it’s needed for the scripts to work properly. As for the thumbnail, I’ll improve those as well. Thanks again, you’ve been extremely helpful! I didn’t realize what the issue was at first. 🩷