Need Help Composing Portfolio

I wasn’t really sure where to put this, but this seems like the most relevant.
Does anyone have any tips on making a portfolio? How many builds should I include, and what types (large models, small models, multiple grouped, a setup, etc.)
Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

The point of a portfolio is to show what style you work with and how effective you are at it. Show a few complex places and some smaller more detailed models just so that people know what to expect from your results.

2 Likes

Simple:
Use the template pinned in the portfolio section… Put all of your BEST builds in the portfolio, some games you have made… all of your developing experience. The template is located here . Hope this helps!

1 Like

It’s also a good idea to look at other user’s portfolios for ideas on how you could format it!
Always include:

• About Yourself
  • Examples of varying types of work you can do
  • Your availability
  • How you want to be paid
  • Additional info on what you can and can’t do (optional)
  • Where a potential client can contact you

Good luck on writing your portfolio!

2 Likes

You should have atleast somewhat up to 10 examples of your work.

This way someone knows your skillset, as 1 example wouldn’t provide much of an example. Also, try adding different category’s like this:

Building
Low Poly

Realistic

Others

This way a person may/can find the style they need instead of searching a bunch of work.

Hopes this helps!

2 Likes

Hi, I am new to the Dev Forum. So, I am just here to give some friendly tips:

I havent created a portfolio yet, but the way I thinn of it is just like a work resume. You put your work (as much as 5+ examples of your builds, I would say), traits that make you stand out, experiences you might have in the real world, and just being a reasonable and logical person.

I hope this helps!

1 Like