Need help dealing with dozens of exploiters in my game

My game has been full of exploiters recently. Flying, no-clipping, teleporting, grabbing players, killing players that are safe, etc. I was wondering what I can do to prevent these players. Some of these exploits are silent and mods aren’t able to ban them because they don’t know who is doing it. It is very frustrating trying to deal with these players.

Make accounts have to be 30+ days old to access your game. Perm ban the current hackers.

1 Like

Some of the exploits you listed can be fixed with available free model anti viruses found somewhere in the devforum. I would recommend looking into it more. If you need help with an admin system I can assist you with that too.

1 Like

I would like help with an admin system, I currently don’t have a way to ban players that are exploiting because I was trying to be chill with them but there are too many servers and players now to do that.

I would personally recommend adonis. But this admin system has a lot of other commands to use too. I will recommend three things.

1. [REFURBISHED] Adonis Guide V2.0

2. Using a ban script/ui found in community tutorials category / cool creations.

3. Adding a strong anti exploit detector and possibly paring this up with a discord webhook.
    a) Antivirus stops the malicous intentions (fast velocity, flying, etc) then sends a message to discord as a way for an admin/you to check it out.

Alternatively you can so light protection:

• Age restricting. (Stops new accounts)
  • Max walkspeed exceed = kick

This won’t work. Exploiters can just make alts in advance, and you’d lose players who likely wouldn’t come back.

Do you have any free models or plugins? Those can cause exploiters to come into your game.

No, I don’t. Like I said, I’m dealing with common exploits, not people getting things in my game

Do you have Filtering Enabled on?

Yes, I have it enabled. character limit

For noclip, you can do a very small raycast out of the humanoid root part. For teleporting, every heartbeat, save the player’s current position, and on the next heartbeat, check how far the player has moved. If they have moved too far, like say, with a teleport, kill them. Obviously, have some leniency for players with high ping. Some of these exploits seem like things specific to you game. Have you secured your remote events?

The only thing specific to my game is players dying while in the safe zone, but I don’t use a remote to change their safe value.

How does dealing damage work? Is it checked on the client to see if the player is safe?

Try checking your game for backdoors. I don’t think there should be that many without any server-sided exploits in your game but that’s just from my experiences.

Each sword has these lines of code that run before any damage is dealt, the top one is for sword reach.

if characterHRP and killerHRP then
		if (characterHRP.Position - killerHRP.Position).Magnitude > 10 then
			return
		end
	end

if players:GetPlayerFromCharacter(character).Safe.Value or killer.Safe.Value or killerCharacter.Humanoid.Health <= 0 then
		return
	end

This is done on the server? aaa

yes, client wouldnt work at all

Try setting an walkspeed and jumppower limit.