Need help on how to make a simple building system (with a grid, and block tracking)

Hey all!

I’m quite new to scripting, and currently I’m trying to make a build system but I’m completly lost on where to start, any help on a good tutorial / scripting website is more than welcome!

What I want to achieve:

• A building system with a grid
  • You can track the blocks so that you can remove them with either a tool or a script
  • Blocks are weilded so that they stick to eachother but are still affected by gravity once the block under it is removed
1 Like

Theres already a really good tutorial on that made by EgoMoose, its open sourced too.

You can edit it to your likings.

By the way, If your new to scripting, I would recommend you to learn the basics and stuff, not jump right into the advanced stuff.

4 Likes

Highly appreciate the response, by new I mean that I know pretty much all of the basics, but when it comes to the more advanced code I seem to struggle. But that just might be because I’m not sure how I find advanced tutorials!

2 Likes

Ah I see, your welcome by the way.

3 Likes

I would highly suggest getting familiar with scripting on Roblox first if you don’t have the knowledge on how to incorporate existing resources which facilitate the majority of the process for you. This should be the first step so you can have better successes attempting to do this yourself. Think about the requirements for the problem and form your research queries off of that.

If you’ve attempted this problem already, it would be nice to see the code you used so improvements can be suggested on it.

5 Likes