Need help with friends joining reserved servers

1. What do you want to achieve? I’m trying to make it so your friends can join you in the reserved servers

2. What is the issue? I have the main menu in game where you can join your own private server and even join your friends but I don’t understand how you can make friends able to join your private servers (made with reserved servers)

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub? I tried looking on developer hub but it’s strange

The only solutions to those I’ve found are using messaging server, I’m a developer for not even 10 months probably and I’m wondering if there’s any other solution to this rather than messaging server because I don’t understand it, or if you could tell me how to do it with messaging server but like explain how it works since I don’t know.

1 Like

You would need to check if that user is a friend and if they are you give them the reserved server code

Yes, but my question is “how”?

Does this help?

Not really as it would partially break the game.

Let me see the second one thought maybe that’ll help.

Well I mean you can reuse your place code for teleporting the player to a reserved server and then in that reserved server check if they are a friend, using the player documentation I sent above paired with something like this:

game:GetService('TeleportService'):Teleport(placecode here)

I don’t understand how checking if they are a friend from reserved server would help since teleporting friend there will tell them it’s a restricted place anyway?

Sorry, reserved servers I’m still thinking of places.

You will need to send over the access code originally made to allow the friend to access the reserved server.

If you have a made up access code I would just make it the friends userid for ease of scripting.

There is this I also found on devforum:

You can make up the access code? if yes, how?

Woops, no you can’t ignore that, the access code is the placeid

code = TeleportService:ReserveServer(game.PlaceId)

Really the only thing I can suggest off the top of my head is using a datastore to save the placeid of the reserved server to be the friends userid as the key for the datastore and then when the friend wants to join they load the friends userid’s key (which has the code or placeid of the reserved server as the data).

Is there a way to check if your friend is in a reserved server or a normal server?

Not that I am aware of no, you can use these methods though to see if it worked:

Which I mean if it didn’t then I would assume they are in a reserved server.

Nevermind I figured out another way how I can do it, thanks for help though

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.