Need help with lag!

Hey there!

I am currently working on a decent-sized car game. I recently completed the road for the game and I am already getting some lag. I don’t have any decorations, houses, etc only the road and I am starting to worry about what will happen when I add the cars which cause lag too and decorations. I wanted the game to be made not for high tier PC’s but also for low tier PC’s. All help is appreciated, thanks!

3 Likes

I’m asking how I can make my build less laggy.

I don’t get any lag but I am on a PC.
I’d worry more about the way your terrain is built into the road and the way the road and lines don’t always match up.
Also using all these free cars may be causing your lag if they aren’t the originals since people who copy models may have put harmful scripts in them. I tried the Lambo which worked fine, but the red car seems to be anchored.

Try checking if everything is anchored, try to remove un-needed parts, try to make Unions with multiple parts. Also try remove any free models if you used any!

All cars are made by me. My endgame vision is that people with lower tier PC’s can play my game with stable 60fps but since it’s really realistic I think I can’t do it.

Well, either it is lagging or Roblox servers might not be doing good where you are (check downdetector) and are you testing the game via Roblox Player or Studio? I wouldn’t be surprised if it is roblox servers, I just checked:

I already replied to a topic like this, by the way those are some ways to reduce lag:

1. Remove the terrain that you don’t see
  2. Enable streaming (for more informations Content streaming )
  3. Disable Cast Shadows in the parts that doesn’t need shadows
  4. Optimize your scripts
  5. Use meshes (how to create a mesh from a building you did in studio meshes )
  6. Optimise the collions box (for other building tips here )
  7. Remove Can Collide to parts that you can’t touch

Hope it helps :slightly_smiling_face:
PS: Sorry for the bad English :neutral_face:

3 Likes

it can come from many problems ;

• You have too many humanoids in your game. Check for theù by researching “humanoid” in your game

• You have too much textures

• Too much parts. Try to turn them into meshes or use meshes. You can do it by exporting your group as a wavefront (.obj) to reduce a lot of lags.

• Try to turn terrain decoration on. Don’t ask me why, but it reduces lags after few tests with different terrain types. Also, if the roblox terrain (if you use it) got too many different textures in a small zone, you have lags.

• Reduce details.

Everything there could work, but as i don’t really know how you made your game, it’s a bit difficult to see what can lag or not. Game lighting type could be a solution. Everything is a solution, since you lower game’s quality.

Also, read above. Some of the solutions there are the same, but he putted more of them I havn’t been thinking of at moment. Try everything you can.

You could turn your graphics quality down that helps a lot

This is what I do when I run into performance issues like this usually I write my own chunk system, that loads and unloads objects when they come in and out of view, this is possible using the Roblox :WorldToScreenSpace one of its parameters are is the position on the screen if that’s false then you can just remove that part and put it somewhere else locally. Example put it in a folder in replicated storage.

the main reason it’s lagging is because my game has over 100k complicated parts