Need help with making a system that keeps track of how many an item exists

Thank you. I’ll try that. /////

(This post hasn’t been solved yet)

Still no luck huh? Been looking around for a solution to this as well, and the only thing I can think of that could handle the traffic is an offsite database

Yeah. I was thinking of using datastores before but that wouldn’t work as well for sure.

create your own api, update your values this way, dont update your database everytime a new item is found/unboxed since that will hit database rate limits quickly, instead, cache the amoutn of new found items, and deploy the new unboxed items changes every 10-20 seconds to your database

1 Like

if youre using python, you can use asynchronous api libraries that will allow you to run tasks for caching and updating these values

an API library (in my opinion the BEST api library), FastAPI allows for asynchronous api call handling

1 Like

Hate to say it, but you’re a little late! I did end up pretty much doing exactly that tho lol.

PostgreSQL database offsite hooked up to NodeJS & Express. Game pings every 5 min or so (or when it shuts down) about what items have been spawned (or deleted) and updates accordingly. Pretty cool stuff! Lots of “trade warriors” in my game use this feature to the nth degree when figuring out a value for an item.

For anyone who finds themselves looking to create a system like this, @baukeblox12’s way and/or my way is probably your best bet. Good luck to all!

2 Likes

Haha, cool to see that you already implemented it. :smiley:

1 Like