Need help with projectile hitboxes

So I’ve been trying to figure out how to make projectile hitboxes work. The actual motion of the projectile is simple enough, (I’m using bodyVelocities and bezier curves for now) but actual hit detection for projectiles is something I’m not sure on.

I’m used to using region3s for my hitboxes, with methods like getpartsinboundbox, and I do know raycasting also works, and technically running a while loop where it’s constantly checking in front of a projectile could work, I feel like it’s not the most efficient way to go about hit detection.

I’ve been thinking about how I should go about making my skill system, and I’ve got this flowchart down.

Problem is I’m not sure how I would make projectile skills work, so I would just like to know how I could make efficient projectile hitboxes work on the server

1 Like

You can use either Raycast Hitbox or Muchacho Hitbox

Both can be good under certain circumstances, they both can be used in the same game.

No, I did not read the topic carefully. But, it should help.

1 Like

Just checked out the muchacho hitbox. Seems super useful, and I wish I found it sooner. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.