Need some help with Lag Spikes in my game!

I was coming close to the end of building my clothing groups Main-Store and a problem came out of nowhere. Lag spikes! I have spent days on end trying to figure out what this annoying problem is and how I can stop it, so I am finally coming on here for some advice.

This problem started near the end of my building, so I don’t understand what I could’ve added or how these lag spikes could’ve started. My map isn’t crazy huge so I don’t think It could be the amount of parts. But maybe I am wrong. I’ve been looking on the forum for the past couple of days and checked for viruses and backdoors through every script I have, and nothing looks suspicious at all. I also used the Microprofiler to pinpoint where this problem could be coming from and here are my results:

When I spawn everything starts out perfectly fine:

Most the time, walking through the store is fine as well. But there have been random times where I will get a lag spike just simply walking through the store.

So this is very odd, before I sit everything is fine. And as soon as I sit, my lag goes insane:

The lag still persists for about 30 seconds after I get up from the seat. Then everything goes back to normal. So that is very weird.

Another thing to throw in, when I walk past this section of my store the lags goes crazy again. Only this section though:

Here is a screenshot of what is inside of the chairs/couches if you would like to know(no scripts whatsoever):
Annotation 2020-05-16 030827

I’m just very confused as I have been attempting to solve this myself, but nothing seems to work. Please let me know if this problem has happened for you, or if you have any solutions I can try! Thanks. (first post on the forum by the way!)

3 Likes

Did you check if you have any backdoors? This may be the cause of your lag.

1 Like

Free models are the ones that are probably giving you lag spikes, even the smallest unreliable free model can give you lag spikes so its best to check if you have inserted any free models and see if it gives you lag spikes.

1 Like

He said he did, if you read it properly.

1 Like

I have checked for backdoors and viruses by searching through my scripts, but nothing looks suspicious at all. Do you have any other method that may work better?

Just deleted every free model in the game, and re-ran it. The lag is sadly still just as bad as it was.

Virus can stay in the game even if deleted I think - Good Luck and it may be too many parts reduce the graphic quality etc

The graphics are higher quality there for there will be more lag but scan the game for infections. An easy way to tell is see if there are any sketchy scripts or fires. You could also try and balance it by making some of the stuff meshes and or unions.

Is there any chance I could get a link to the game so I could check this out myself? :slight_smile:

EDIT: Found the game through your profile, will check it out now.

If it wasn’t for free models then its probably how high the quality of the game is, I think you have a lot of parts. What you would do is, delete a model that you think will lag the game and test it, keep doing this for every single model and you’ll see what causes it.

A lot of tris in the game can also cause lag spikes.

1 Like

The fact that the lag persists after deleting all the free models is definitely strange. All I can suggest is just temporarily removing portions of your build until the lag stops so that you can pinpoint what it is that causes these spikes.

1 Like

I’ve taken a look in the game and i’ve noticed the following that could potentially be factoring into the lag:

• You’re using Infinite Admin, most admin scripts have some form of backdoor from what I know.

• I’m fairly sure smooth terrain doesn’t help with lag. I’d recommend only have it where needed and any parts that aren’t visible be removed.

• I noticed visible texture overlapping near the spawn, I’m certain this could be another cause.

There may be more issues - but I saw that straight away.

EDIT: I also believe using effects can cause lag. Have you considered using particles instead of this?

1 Like

Sorry, that is not the correct place! I am working on a new store. Just opened it up for you to check it out real quick. Way more noticeable lag spikes in this one if you walk around a bit. (sit in the chairs as well)

1 Like

Ah - apologies. I’ll message you about this.

i think its probably the amount of parts and where there’s more lag spikes, theres lots of parts or it could be your PC

When you say, infinite admin, is that specifying Kohl’s Infinite Admin?