New Animation Runtime Rollout - Upcoming Property Removal

haha workspace:SetAttribute(“RbxLegacyAnimationBlending”, true) go brrrrrr

19 Likes

What exactly does this update do in the first place? It seems like they just removed animation priorities and made them into weights instead. This is a real issue since Motor6D.C0 is now treated like an animation.

2 Likes

I would be completely fine with this update if it weren’t for the fact that there are only 3 more priority enums. This completely destroys many games that rely on the “priority stacking” functionality, which could have been remedied if there were simply an unlimited amount of priorities, or if another option was added to negate certain animations from being affected by animation blending.

5 Likes

I generally don’t understand why this update was even necessary in the first place it all ended up breaking almost everyone’s animations.

10 Likes

Thanks for removing this property, now my animations look broken!

4 Likes

Great job guys! Now I have to rework all of my animations so that they aren’t blended and broken! Thanks a lot.

For gods sake, how do you keep reaching new levels of screwing over people over and over again?

6 Likes

Yet again, Roblox decides to make one of the worst decisions to be known. Great job Roblox, you never fail to impress me with your terrible decisions.

3 Likes

Notice how this “”“fix”"" makes the pipe go from looking like it’s actually hitting the wall to doinking an area to the right of it.

roblox you consistently disappoint

13 Likes

For anyone experiencing “buggy” animation blending from changing a limb Motor6D C0 or C1 component as a result from this update, simply clone the target Motor6D and rename it, should function as desired.

1 Like

This update going to break FPS games. Are you serious?

put this in the announcement next time whenever there’s a breaking change.

Including it from the start would have stopped a lot of complaints and broken games

I have nothing against you guys personally but in a professional space you need to show respect towards our time and work

2 Likes

Keep AnimationWeightedBlendFix I have a life I can’t just waste days fixing this mess, first the audios, now this seriously! I’m losing my temper

6 Likes

Great, now my animations in my games will probably look terrible and look like crap. Is there even a good reason to force AnimationWeightBlendFix to be enabled? Obviously not, you guys never listen to the community.

Me too, they know that the community hates those kinds of updates but still makes crap like this. They never listen.

You forgot to list another feature, it breaks all animations and creates game breaking bugs because of that.

1 Like

This even broke games that do not use animations.

1 Like

I see no reason to remove the option to opt-out. Just keep the option and boom! Problems solved.

8 Likes

RIP To the old unmaintained games that still have a small community, audio removal was the first nail in the coffin, and now this?

3 Likes

this will mess up many games with hundreds of animations that creators do not feel like reuploading or reprioritizing. you’ve had a month to listen to the communities complaints and simply add a flag to disable animation blending. this is an insanely disappointing update on the behalf of a professional company.

2 Likes

I swear, please revert this.

I’m trying to make an RP game right? I’ve finished my pistol animations for it, right? Well guess what, my arms look detached and wonky! They look different in the editor than what they look in the game. Now, whenever you aim, the fire animations don’t play!
what they are in animation editor:
robloxapp-20221119-0106442.wmv (380.4 KB)
what they are now:
robloxapp-20221119-0107163.wmv (4.4 MB)

Now, in the calmest way possible:

REVERT THIS UPDATE NOW. It breaks more than what it solves.

No wonder roblox is losing developers.

1 Like