New Audio API [Beta]: Elevate Sound and Voice in Your Experiences

Is there a way to play sounds rapidly? With the original sound workflow, one could clone a sound to play it for like gun sounds.

EDIT: I figure it out. By adjusting the LoopRegion, you can effectively playback a sound, such as an gun that fires in auto.

3 Likes

This is genuinely my favorite update yet! Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Hey, @ReallyLongArms, great update! However I ran into a problem:
With the following Set up, I can’t seem to get an audio to play without using an audio listener. Also, when I do use it, the audio just comes from my right ear piece. What’s wrong?

2 Likes

Finished that intercom thing, i also set it to be downloadable! feel free to check it out (Intercom test - Roblox)

6 Likes

Dear god? After some new cloud API for script, you give us that? “It’s only a Beta” we don’t care at all, we will just push the thing already to his limit!

3 Likes

I do wish the GetConnectedWires() function is usable in normal scripts. Because currently (I think) there’s no way to know what AudioPlayer an AudioEmitter is connected to without looping through the whole game. Unless all the AudioPlayers are in a single folder.

5 Likes

Haven’t tried it for myself yet, but is it possible to have npcs detecting volume of voice chat, like when a player screams, also blocking access to the game if they’re muted?

3 Likes

also added some walkie talkies too the game too
(unlike the intercom there has to be a second player to test the walkie talkies)

If you wanna add this but are having issues actually implementing it you can dm on me discord (discord username is still steel_apples) and ill see if i can find the issue

7 Likes

I lost very much time searching after the problem why there was no audio playing. It was because the rbxassetid:// thing was not added automaticly. why is that done with other instances in roblox studio but not with the Audio Player? Is that by design?

2 Likes

most likely cause its still in beta and just got released

2 Likes

This is huge! An absolute game changer!!!

2 Likes

You could probably make a audioListener and set it to the same group as Voice Chat. Then wire a audioAnalyzer to that audioListener, and based on volume, you could make npc react to the Voice Chat.

3 Likes

This is absolutely nuts! I remember seeing this at RDC and I knew this would drastically level up sound-design in experiences.

Finally, we are able to do more with not just sound, but player voices!

2 Likes

The existing Sound instance functions as a file-player; however, if parented to a Part or Attachment , it will also behave as a 3D audio emitter that can be heard by your listener.

So just to clarify - Sound and Sound Groups are planning to stay and not planned to deprecated in the far, far future when this new API becomes fully embraced? I’m assuming Sound and Sound Groups are still the best way to handle global audio played via SoundService?

2 Likes

does it need to active the vc?

4 Likes

The Audio API Tutorial game is uncopylocked, but the game is set to private, so you can’t play it to take a quick peek.

3 Likes

Simply click the three dots and you can edit in Studio to play test

3 Likes

Nuh Uh!!!

3 Likes

What’s the difference between roblox’s default dynamic sound objects and these new ones?

2 Likes

does it only work for the people who have voice chats?

1 Like