New Body Type & Proportion Sliders for Humanoid

Is it possible to check these features out right now? I’m looking in the Humanoid, but the new sliders aren’t there and inserting a number value with that name doesn’t do anything.

1 Like

We’re working out a few remaining issues. Anticipate rolling out next week.

3 Likes

Is it possible we could get an update on when we might expect this?

Currently planning out building for my game and would benefit from this feature being released, as I can get a feel for if it’s right for my game as well as having the proportions to go off of when building. No rush, of course. Just wondering. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The Humanoid has a serious case of API bloat. It’s worrying that same instance is used for everything from game mechanics like health, to character physics like HumanoidHipHeight, to graphical options like CameraOffset and HumanoidDistanceDisplayType, and now to animations and rig transformations. The RigType property is also oddly-specific and seems to veer from proper rig-generalization, where scripts should expect the rig could be anything from a cat to a boss in someone’s RPG.

I’m a bit biased because I make my own animation systems and only use humanoids for box-physics, but I think more time should be put into organizing Humanoid’s behaviors into components like physics/health/graphics, before the need for backwards compatibility makes it impossible. Roblox is a social platform that needs great avatars, but it’s also a game engine that needs great API’s.

9 Likes

Is this ever going to be implemented?
I thought it was working for beta testers in December, so what changed since then that’s making it not work?

I tried manually adding the values in Play Solo but all BodyProportionScale does is raise the camera, and BodyTypeScale does nothing.

3 Likes